Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgot but the last tank is CB550 pretty sure, maybe 500... think I still have the side covers

Brown tank has very good liner in it

need any of this stuff?

cheap enough if you can use it

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

some of this stuff has been around for so long I have no chance of recalling much of anything about it

I did have a nice 68 CL that was parted but I would almost swear it was white and blue and had insets on the tank for the winged emblems

sidecovers too

I think I have some racing type head pipes for a 350 and I'll snap up some pix of them soon

really need this stuff out from under my feet

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
joe-

i think not with the SL. this tank has that damn fuel crossover, a seam and is kinda square for the SL. unless it's a really early SL.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, your right, i realized the seam after i posted that. from the side it looks very sl. tex has the same exact tank on his racer, and i have never been able to figure out what it is. and he doesnt know! the holes on the mounting tab are the real thing that always cathes my eye. i know its not an early square tank. that tank should have the wing emblems on it too i think. from the side i thought it was an sl. soooo....anyone? who ever knows it gets the boobie prize.

me

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i think tex's has a screw top.

ill have to check my pics. ive been chasing this topic around for a while.

jc

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
you wouldn't happen to have some cl450 headers in your treasure chests, would you? Prettiness not required - just solid.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
joe,

i absolutely know what kind of honda tank is on my racebike. i just don't tell you mainly to annoy the shit out of you.

texy

p.s.- i told tt and i'm thinking of telling bill and bucky.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sure don't and had never even seen pictures of a header on a 450 until just recently

guess those torsion spring topends ruled out a lot of after market HiPo bits being readily available for them

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey sorry for not getting back sooner. The pipes left with a local guy some time back. If it's any consolation, they were solid but don't think they will polish out very well since some of the scale was a bit heavy in places.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts