Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im at the point of working on the exhaust for my build. Right now I have a 4 into 2 stock exhaust. Was wondering if anyone knew of any inserts I can slip into the headers. My set up I would like would be my embgo (spelling?) cone filters and the headers with no megaphone tips. I am already upping the size of the MJ's 2 sizes and would like to have some kind of baffle for some back pressure. Don't really want to buy new headers because im doing it on a college budget. Are there any other models of Honda's that exhaust fits a 1981 CB750K DOHC that I can look out for?
Thanks ya'll!
Shep

1966 Honda CB450 Black Bomber
1970 CL350
1973ish GT750
1981 CB750K
1991 ZX11D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't put those pods on your carbs, CB750s do not respond well to them, your motor will run crappy. You would need direct lift carbs to take full advantage of pods, your bike is better off with the air box, thats why I'm keeping mine and I sold off my pod filters. Don't touch your jetting either, it doesn't need to be changed.

For exhaust I'm building my own can, you might just want to look up cheap exhaust though, I bought a complete 4-1 for $75, and I've seen them for cheaper

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Ok, first off your mufflers are not stock. 1981 750Ks had a 4 into 4 exhaust. Only the F models came stock with a 4 into 2. Any clean DOHC stock exhaust these days is going to be expensive since the stock pipes had shitty chrome. If you want a cheap new header you could always go with a mac 4 into 1 but buy them painted black (not chrome) and paint it again yourself with real high temp paint.

You wasted your money buying emgo filters. I hate to say it but you did. Those metal mesh filters are junk and make the CV carbs run crappy. Before you go futzing with the jets, make sure you carb is clean and that there are no vacuum leaks in the carbs. I would bench test that the air pressure is pulling the slide up without leaks.

I advise against just running the headers because there is the potential of burning a valve. That being said you could probably get away with running a monza car exhaust tip on the end of your head pipe, since they have an internal baffle and might help to create some backpressure.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
Don't put those pods on your carbs, CB750s do not respond well to them, your motor will run crappy. You would need direct lift carbs to take full advantage of pods, your bike is better off with the air box, thats why I'm keeping mine and I sold off my pod filters. Don't touch your jetting either, it doesn't need to be changed.
he's right, don't mess with the airbox. put a K&N in there and leave it alone. seriously, unless your a very talented motor wrench, you'll create major problems for yourself using pods.

"blame it on the web, but the spider's your problem now."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts