Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv'e spent over an hour looking for an exhaust tip like this for my 350 with no luck. anyone have know where i can find one?

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
theyre probably hand made, judging from the quality of that bike. that thing is gorgeous!

jc

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
judging from the look of those i'm sure you are right if you'd like i can find a photo of some cheap ones as an example. (by the way i'm speaking just of the funnel on the end.)

that bike is a custom job from a japanese group http://www.bratstyle.com/custom/custom.htm there's some engrish on the site, click check to see enlarged images...great exhaust systems.

Edited by - snorkelfork on Jun 30 2007 5:28:24 PM

Edited by - snorkelfork on Jun 30 2007 5:31:33 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Borla or Burns is the only company I've seen turn out stuff like that....otherwise it probably is hand made.
Looks to be spun rather than rolled...the radiused exit of the cone is a top notch touch....usually only seen on "spun" parts.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i second burns. thier stuff is unmatched as far as ive seen. unreal tubing and megs.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i've had these cheap but decent megaphones on my triumphs from time to time:

http://british-usa.com/parts-browse.asp?cat=Muffler

thing is, they come with these really nicely turned, aluminum reverse cones that look a lot like your image (more than they do in the british-usa website / they're not chromed). i've since ended up using the cones on different exhausts. i don't know how to find just the cones but if i can find a straight pair rolling around, i'll let you know.

-tt

Edited by - ttilghman on Jul 04 2007 07:06:17 AM

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that would be great. my sl350 has a 2 into 1 set up where the headers and muffler have been welded together. i'm not concerned with what material the cone is made of because theres a fare bit of pitting on the the pipes so i'm going to black the whole setup.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is a cool bike joe. i really like how they kept the old paint when they could along with the welds from cutting the tank. i'd like to see this sort of mentality applied to vintage hondas.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
cr carb. i love the way the frame is shortened.

and the bars are cool.

jc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts