Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they not count points from Frontier land?

And Scott we appreciate the 3 minutes you put in to the news letter.

Aaron

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Edited by - imslow on Dec 21 2007 8:52:41 PM

Edited by - imslow on Dec 21 2007 8:53:13 PM

Edited by - imslow on Dec 21 2007 8:53:45 PM

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I do not know who "they" are.

in regard to the "3 minutes", you can contact me directly.

Edited by - imslow on Dec 21 2007 8:56:02 PM

Edited by - imslow on Dec 21 2007 9:09:41 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
There's a story behind this I'm sure of it :)

JohnnyB

PS. What newsletter?

Edited by - jbranson on Dec 22 2007 04:58:57 AM

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:pS. What newsletter?
what he said.

dch.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
wow,
a response edited so many times HAD to be good.
the newsletter is just the results, I got mine today.

in FCB the guy who took third in points entered only one race, frontierland, and won. Had he not entered the 3rd place spot would have to anyone with 4 points... as in just show up for all 4 races and you get 3rd overall.

So kids, attendance does count!

(ps, we need more races in '08)

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott I shouldn't rip on you for the lack of content. The news letter is fine. I just wanted to read something pertaining to vintage racing.

Aaron

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Thanks. Issues beyond my control. We needed to get info about the banquet out to folks who do not pay attention to the internet. That was the sole reason for the short letter.

Now write something about vintage racing so I have some content for the next letter. you can remain anonymous and say anything you want . . . about anyone . . . . even shorty.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
yeppers! i must say it is even better in person. funny that this is the first thread i read today as the brake has been sitting on my desk and i was just admiring it while waiting for the computer to fire up. casey saw it for the first time yesterday and remarked how pretty it was. more surprisingly was that she stuck around during my story about it and her eyes didn't glaze over when i removed the backing plate to show and explain the work done inside.

christmas came early this year for texy. thanks again john. the check is in the mail (has been for a few days), so if you don't have it yet, keep looking.

cheers,

texy

p.s.- don't i rate a cleverdog sticker?

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Dude...I totally forgot...as usual.

I'll hide some up my butt so I don't forget them and give them to you the next time I see you....they'll be "special" by then.

BTW... I think the OEM CB160 brake is the best made brake Honda ever produced. Not the strongest or the fanciest. But they are "right". Put the backing plate on a lathe and fire it up...runs truer than any OEM brake I've ever done. Shoes are very square with the drum/plate, Pivot bores are very true.
With most brakes I have to work down .020" just to get the shoes squared up, CB160's that's about .005".

Anyway...just rambling...too bad they didn't make it 20mm larger. The 305/450 are very good...but the tolerances are not as good as a CB160 in my opinion.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Speaking of updates, anyone know when that vintage track day will be in the spring? I'm trying to update the website with all the info I have.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
April 15. Rain or shine. I remember some tax days where I've ridden on my bike in a t-shirt to the post office. I also remember some tax days shoveling snow so I could get out of my driveway to get to the post office.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
4-15-08, Don't count on it yet. This was one of the last things I did for the club before retiring as a volunteer. I would wait until you hear it for sure from Bob Coy. I would also suggest that if anybody has questions or concerns regarding the USCRA contact Bob C. for verification on events or anything else pertaining to the club.

JS

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Bob had posted that once on the Official web site. I was just passing along what Bob had stated. But you're right Champ, Unga would be better off contacting Bob Coy himself.

Craig

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
looking forward to my newsletter. going to send some content his way for the next issue, glad vilie's the editor...he corrects my spelling without editing my thoughts. huh? thanks scott, merry hoho.
-parks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts