Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen it in the local beer store in years, but tonight it's.....

Pabst Blue Ribbon, baby!

It's been so long since I've even seen PBR I didn't think they made it anymore. What a load off my mind.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
heineken is in all our off licences here in uk, altho it tastes like piss compared to some of our beer [:p]

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
PBR... Ick. Doesn't Guinness flow from every faucet over there? That would truly be the Land of Milk & Honey. Well, actually it would be the Land of Guinness (which it is)... which makes it the Land of milk & honey. Except... it's the Land of Guinness.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'll stick to my mug of Warsteiner , thank you . Pabst makes a good " Desperation Dive Bar after 2am let's hit the dive bar " beer . Life's too short for cheap beer unless you're out of the good brew .

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
pound some PBRs, maybe blow the dust bunnies off that lester and make some noise.
whoa, lets not get too crazy.
fun last weekend dude, thanks again
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
142 Posts
Isn't PBR like some good imported shit when youre over there? You can even get it in bottles!

·
Registered
692 Posts
quote:Originally posted by trepanned23

Please. beer is beer. Unless it's hand pulled naturally aspirated English ale.
That is the falsest thing I have ever heard . Farthest from the truth. Ingredients , fermentation process , lagering , etc . make all the characteristics of a brew . English ale is one of the easiest and fastest brews you can make . I homebrew English and IPA al the time . Great stuff. But you can train a monkey to make it( that's why I do it a lot) . 1 week fermenting , bottle , 3 weeks lagering and presto . A batch of ale .
German lagers , heifweiss , etc take months . A lot of patience . a bit of checking .

But in the end is the opinion of the one consuming .

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Jesus drinks PBR.......as good a reason to go pagan as any I've seen......

·
Registered
692 Posts
Jesus and PBR . That's some funny shit , Yo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am somewhat of a beer snob and for some reason have no prblem drinking PBR in the shop After the work is done its all ale. I brew also and don't believe the extra work for lager is worth it.
Thanks for the entertainment,
Billy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm all about some PBR (locally referred to as "Peoples Beer of Richmond")

I've been playing in bar bands for years and it was usually the free band beer. After a while you grow a unique fondness for it. Sadly it has become the "hipster" beer of late, but I'll stay loyal to it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts