Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
the college beer of choice around here is "natural ice" or "natural light"

taste like piss.

last weekend i had a blue moon, a woodchuck(hard cider, i know) and the beer that made Milwaukee famous; schlitz.

·
Registered
783 Posts
wot, no love for the one and only Newcastle Brown Ale?
other faves would be Shiner Bock, Yuengling Porter and when I've got the money to burn Chamay...

but a pint o' Guiness will always be mother's milk to me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heineken makes two kinds of beer (seriously). Normal Heineken and Heineken Export. We (in Holland) get the normal Heineken, wich is great. You, foreigners, get Heiniken Export. You might as well go to your local ditch and fill up your beer bottles there....

I never understood why they do that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
So where does my Bud light fit in this ?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I never knew that Heineken had an export and domestic version. I hate the stuff we get in the states. In fact as a rule of thumb I don't trust anything in a green bottle. Rolling Rock is also a terrible beer.

I have heard that Guiness is different in Ireland than in the U.S. but I'm surprised to hear that it's also different in the rest of the U.K.
Is it an overall different taste? Different alcohol content?

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
it just tastes like cloudy piss in uk.

when we were in states we drank nothing but a mexican bottled beer , cant remember the name but it was pretty good.

this is what most of the english drink, proper ale, good old yorkshire beer... mind you, i cant drink much of it, some lads in pubs stand and drink pint after pint, i cant see after about 3 [xx(]

or

·
Registered
15 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cafe350

I never knew that Heineken had an export and domestic version. I hate the stuff we get in the states. In fact as a rule of thumb I don't trust anything in a green bottle. Rolling Rock is also a terrible beer.

I have heard that Guiness is different in Ireland than in the U.S. but I'm surprised to hear that it's also different in the rest of the U.K.
Is it an overall different taste? Different alcohol content?

I know the alcohol content in Heineken and Heineken Export is the same, I don't know the exact difference, but it just doesn't taste as good.

Maybe all the beers here in the Netherlands are that good that they need to make a really good beer to be competitive here and maybe all those foreign beers are so crappy that overseas they can be compettitive with the crappy export version ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
quote:eek:riginally posted by RetroTony
when we were in states we drank nothing but a mexican bottled beer , cant remember the name but it was pretty good.
The most popular Mexican beer in the states would be Corona. Then there is Dos Equis and Tecate. All of which, in my opinion, have the appeal of chilled urine. Negra Modelo is the best mexican beer...

I have always dreamt of travelling through the U.K., stopping in pub after pub to sample the beer. The U.K. has better music as well...

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
thats it! corona, i liked it mainly cos it was refreshing , we drank bottle after bottle of it!
i guess thats one thing you guys dont have, sitting in a warm cosy old fashioned pub in in front of a big open fire in middle of winter, these are our local pubs which are a stones throw form our house (which incidently dates back to the early 1300's ..

our local pubs
http://www.oldestar.co.uk/gallery.asp

this is the bull and sun, my number one local, its a haunted hotel/pub, ive been in the haunted upstairs rooms and i almost shat my pants! its fookin scary i can tell ya.

and this is my hose, it was a farmhouse that in the was ran by monks of a local church which is on the same street.

sorry if i went off track a bit there lol. just wanted to show you around.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thanks for the tour Tony! I lived in New Orleans for nine years, lots of "haunted history" in the French Quarter. I never did go on a ghost tour but I've spent plenty of time in the local drinking establishments, which are allowed to be open 24 hours a day.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
quote: but I've spent plenty of time in the local drinking establishments, which are allowed to be open 24 hours a day.
When bcr was down visiting he was telling me about New Orleans' progressive relationship with alcohol. Daiquiris to go at the Quickie Mart or some shit as you pay for your 10 bucks of gas, but 24 hours? Holy shit.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm turning into a Belgian beer junkie and I'm not talking about that Stella crap either.

Delerium, Corsendonk Pater, Rochefort, Kwak, Chimay.......it's all so tasty and kind of potent.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts