Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
track owners don't have a contract for a F1 race.....so no need to build or finish a track if there is no chance for a race to be held there. texas won't cut their share until a contract is produced, because their share is insured by future tax receipts collected by thousands of spectators coming to the race. nj race stole the wind from their sails....no texas isn't as important.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
track owners don't have a contract for a F1 race.....so no need to build or finish a track if there is no chance for a race to be held there. texas won't cut their share until a contract is produced, because their share is insured by future tax receipts collected by thousands of spectators coming to the race. nj race stole the wind from their sails....no texas isn't as important.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the inevitable law suits will end up costing more than the expense of finishing the track.

a dedicated track has way more potential to racing as a sport than a street course in north jersey. especially in the bergen area. from a business stand point all i would look at is the amount of people it will draw/potential cash it will make. so for f1 holdings, its a no brainer to leverage it against texas and tell track of the americas to fuck off if they have the swagger. which they do. the ny race has the potential to be as big as any street race anyplace imo.

one thing many people dont realize is, majority owner of f1 holdings is a jersey based investment bank. im sure they will have a very pimpin suite.

and who really knows for sure whats going on behind the scenes.

i know this much, the irl race in baltimore in september, that will likely be the last one. total cluster fuck. lawsuits, unpaid vendors, missing money....the works....the race is more in the news locally now that it was before it happened.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the inevitable law suits will end up costing more than the expense of finishing the track.

a dedicated track has way more potential to racing as a sport than a street course in north jersey. especially in the bergen area. from a business stand point all i would look at is the amount of people it will draw/potential cash it will make. so for f1 holdings, its a no brainer to leverage it against texas and tell track of the americas to fuck off if they have the swagger. which they do. the ny race has the potential to be as big as any street race anyplace imo.

one thing many people dont realize is, majority owner of f1 holdings is a jersey based investment bank. im sure they will have a very pimpin suite.

and who really knows for sure whats going on behind the scenes.

i know this much, the irl race in baltimore in september, that will likely be the last one. total cluster fuck. lawsuits, unpaid vendors, missing money....the works....the race is more in the news locally now that it was before it happened.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
It'll be kind of tough to race those bikes on dirt. This is almost like AHRMA scheduling races two years in a row on tracks that aren't built yet.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
It'll be kind of tough to race those bikes on dirt. This is almost like AHRMA scheduling races two years in a row on tracks that aren't built yet.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Speaking of AHRMA could someone make a sticky so we can start to collect next year's club-racing schedules here on cafe racer... so I don't have to go anywhere else...

USCRA, VRRA and AHRMA have released their schedules.

Best
Karl

·
Registered
725 Posts
Speaking of AHRMA could someone make a sticky so we can start to collect next year's club-racing schedules here on cafe racer... so I don't have to go anywhere else...

USCRA, VRRA and AHRMA have released their schedules.

Best
Karl

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Shocker! [:0]

Why in the hell would they have started building if there wasn't a contract in place?

If the contract holder had the ability to use is at another venue (not clear if thats the case or not), then the idiots in Austin are just that, idiots. They should have covered their asses loonnnnng before it got to this.

With the economy being what it is I'm not holding my breath for the race in NJ to be all they hope, but it has a way better chance of getting the numbers than an event in Texas ever could, would or did. Christ, Indy was gasping for air a couple years before it died, and that's INDY!!! (Yes, I know, it was George who F'd it up. BS. Bottom line was the revenue wasn't there), Who the hell wants to go to Austin when they can go to NYC?

Eh,

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Shocker! [:0]

Why in the hell would they have started building if there wasn't a contract in place?

If the contract holder had the ability to use is at another venue (not clear if thats the case or not), then the idiots in Austin are just that, idiots. They should have covered their asses loonnnnng before it got to this.

With the economy being what it is I'm not holding my breath for the race in NJ to be all they hope, but it has a way better chance of getting the numbers than an event in Texas ever could, would or did. Christ, Indy was gasping for air a couple years before it died, and that's INDY!!! (Yes, I know, it was George who F'd it up. BS. Bottom line was the revenue wasn't there), Who the hell wants to go to Austin when they can go to NYC?

Eh,

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the race promoter can't guarantee the F1 appearance fee. Seems like someone would have checked on that first.

Austin's nice but in more of a frisbee golfing, hackey sacking kind way than a major motorsports way. If I were running F1 I'd choose NYC for a race. And I'd cut my hair.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the race promoter can't guarantee the F1 appearance fee. Seems like someone would have checked on that first.

Austin's nice but in more of a frisbee golfing, hackey sacking kind way than a major motorsports way. If I were running F1 I'd choose NYC for a race. And I'd cut my hair.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the track will be built. it just wont be done on time for f1. thats what they are getting at.

karl....done

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the track will be built. it just wont be done on time for f1. thats what they are getting at.

karl....done

·
Registered
19 Posts
Easy on the hackey sack reference. We kicked the hippies out a long time ago.They can't afford Austin anymore after the rush of West coasters and North easterners moved in and raised the rent. There are tons of folks in the south central part of the country that would love to support road racing and Austin is a town that is well prepared for major crowds coming to town all year round.Tons of places to stay and great food everywhere. You can't knock NYC for being a great town but hotels are over priced and who wants to stay in New Jersey! Hopefully after a year or so AHRMA will get it together and come back to TEXAS and race at F1.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts