Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I don't know why my project topic is deleted, but I would like to show you my new pictures of my Cafe Racer project I am woring on right now...

Still much to do, but I feel like it's going to look fine when it's done!
And it will be done bit by bit, as the money comes in!

Sure, no classic Cafe Racer, but it will contain the same idea like the original one's had.
Young man spending his spare money into his customized sports bike.
Same idea, looking different;)

Hope you dislie it not too much!

Next will be the orange exhaust pipes painted flat black!

Greetz Tobi

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Geez, that thing is clean! Nice bike. Not a whole lot to improve upon there. Not a big fan of the flat black paint job, but at least it looks clean and professional.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The paint is not really finished. This is only the basic colour till now...
I am still wondering how to paint it!
And I am open for every suggestions, if you have one ! ;)

Thank you for your comment so far =)

Tobi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think I should angle the clip-ons mor to the tank? I mounted them really broad as you might see in third picture.

I think it would be more Cafe to turn them more to the tank...

Tobi

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I think you should put the clip-ons where they give you the most comfortable riding position.
For color, perhaps a matte silver would look good with the satin black.
Just to be a little critical, I am not sure I like the look of the seat/tail section without a front fairing. I think it is too long and pointed to match the shape of the tank and fender which are more rounded. Maybe a seat/tail from an RC-30 or RC-45 would look good.

Ken

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Now you've lost me. That's a pretty disappointing question. You should angle the clip-ons at the narrowest angle that is relatively comfortable and doesn't smash the tank. It would be better, regardless of how cafe it is, because it makes your wind drag lower and you more maneuverable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ken: Yeah you may be right. Saw now, not much of those are out on the shops (the tails) but as soon as my money allows it, the seat of course will be changed. You are right, it needs to be more round!

@Spacman: I am sorry, mate =D will not ask again. Tomorrow I will change them. Can you forgive me plz? :D

Tobi

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Are the forks slid up in the triple clamp a mile?(approximately)

Don't do that w/o lowering the rear to match. Actually don't do that at all unless you're really short and need to.

What would you think about a different top triple so you can run dirt bike bars? Fat bars. barkbusters, engine cage, sliders, you'd have you a weapon there son.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
what ken said. ross loaned me his gsxr600 for a few days about 3 years ago. it was urban assaulted. moto bars. tready tires....now its got bark busters....and more cool shit. it was super fun to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts