Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, how do we get a points plate screw out of a cyl. yes, we had a hole in one. plug out, screw right in. can see it, our magnets too big.

jc

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Joe,
Make a long shank Phillips screwdriver into an electromagnet and lift it right out. I have a driver that has an 18" shank that would work well for that

Ken

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stainless. we skiped it. it didnt go in.

jc

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
heavy wheel bearing grease, maybe fibered if you can snag some

on the tip of a screwdriver

just may be what the Dr ordered

or, you can make a vacuum hose by cutting a slit (like found on a musical flute) in a pieces of hose and stick your blow gun in it and see if it will suck it out

g'luck

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I keep one of those "rare earth" magnet pickup tools in the box. The magnet is only about 3/8" in diameter and 3/8" long. So strong most SS fasteners will stick to it no problem. (yes most SS fasteners are mildly magnetic).
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the screw just vanished. i wasnt watchig the kids while they were playing and they assumed it went into the hole. but we dumped the bike onto its side, cycled it through and looked in, but found nothing. it was one of the bigger screws. i was convinced it wasnt in there. they wanted to tear the motor down. we tried sucking it out, messing aorund with magnets, and wires, nothin. but we never found the screw either!

we're still working on getting it running. it runs on one side, but not the other, then the other side but not the first. freakin 40 year old coils and shite. anyway, my bike fired right up, buckys cb did, and his bmw. so, we'll see. bills still needs some work, ut itll be done for the school.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
They got little bore scopes down to about $300 now. Gonna get one next time I'm ...errr...bored. RIGID makes one for about $200 with a little 2" LCD screen....but the camera end is too big to go down a spark plug hole.
JohnnyB

PS. Maybe the screw fell though the hole in the piston?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts