Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased another shield for my full coverage helmet (ICON). I've had smoked shields in the past and though I'd purchase one of the chrome looking shields. In my opinion - that was a big mistake.

First the chrome shield is much thinner than the original clear shield and tends to fog up way too easy. Second it is almost impossible to keep this sucker clean and any finger print can be seen as you wear the helmet. I used special cleaner solution for plastic eye glasses and still I cannot clean this shield to any level of acceptability.

I've only worn this shield two or three times in different weather conditions with zero satisfaction. My clear shield works great and I clean it with the same cleaning solution that I used on the chrome shield.

Again in my opinion - I wish I would have talked to someone before purchasing this shield - I would have purchased a smoked shield instead.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
good to know. i've considered them several times over the years. the way i see it, clear always offers the most versatility; you can choose whatever eye gear you need to wear under it without adverse combined effects. in some conditions, i love wearing yellow tinted lenses and a mirrored visor would negate the advantages.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
good to know. i've considered them several times over the years. the way i see it, clear always offers the most versatility; you can choose whatever eye gear you need to wear under it without adverse combined effects. in some conditions, i love wearing yellow tinted lenses and a mirrored visor would negate the advantages.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I use the light smoke on the racing circuit - the glare in the desert kills me - works real good. Knocks down the glare only.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I use the light smoke on the racing circuit - the glare in the desert kills me - works real good. Knocks down the glare only.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I bought a genuine Arai 'gold' mirror visor.
Only used it once, lot of money for something that sits on top of a bookcase (it worked real good but it's too dark when the sun goes down)
Went back to using clear visor and sunglasses, then, if I'm out after dark it isn't a problem

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I bought a genuine Arai 'gold' mirror visor.
Only used it once, lot of money for something that sits on top of a bookcase (it worked real good but it's too dark when the sun goes down)
Went back to using clear visor and sunglasses, then, if I'm out after dark it isn't a problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts