Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i'm new to the site, a USCRA member - I ran a reiju last season at Loudon. Anyhow, I'm looking at a decent '76 CB400 - not pristine - but a solid rider. Any thoughts on what a fair price would be? Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum--check out Vintage Eddie-I think I saw he had one for sale. Anybody know anything about the one he has ?
larry888

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
$500-$1000, depends on what it's got with/on it.

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ive seen real nice original stockers go for 1200. with nice pipes. and i guess the seat/tank/pipes are really hard to get. so if theyre in nice shape, that will probably bump the price. there was one here for sale a while back ago.

jc

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw a yellow 400F out in Portland Oregon for sale. It was on a street corner across from where I was staying. They had a sign on it for I think 1800$. The bike wasn't perfect either. It was missing a side cover and I think the seat had been recovered. I would have paid 12-15 hundred for that particular bike. It was close to being right but not completely there. I would say if its in really good condition with only touch up needed, its probably worth some money. Their not making them any more for one, and two, that particular Honda is the one to have for its vintage. I'll go to vintage eddies site and check it out.
L

fastonthefly

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a cb400f on ebay right now with a 1k start bid. I'm sure the reserve is over 2k. here is the item #4604204724. Clean bike.

fastonthefly

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
the 400f were the most collectable of the f bikes next to the k0 750 model, of course.

again dan, it depends on the bikes condition, of what comes with it (ie - has it been race prepped?)

post a pix if you can and then we can all evaluate/estimate it's worth/value.

tex "feelin' the / lately" mawby

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
the cb400F's value depends on whether it has that crazy header pipe with it. If the pipe is there and in good shape then a good consition cb400f will be $1800-$3000. If the pipe is missing or damaged, the bike is devalued a lot since that is what makes the bike collectable and also since it is an expensive part to replace. Also I don't know if they would make great racebikes, but it would be a shame to cut one up. That being said if you want to go to louisiana, I know a junkyard that has one sitting there in ok shape.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
The lastest issue of Vintage Motorcycles Price Guide shows the 76 CB400F worth the prices below in conditions 1 through 6. 1 being an imcomplete junker parts bike and 6 being a pristine bike.

400 600 900 1200 1600 2000

JohnnyB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tex - i plan to use it on the street this season - of course, should i scuff it up, 2007 may be a different story. i don't have the bike yet, i hope to pick it up this weekend.

dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts