Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joseph,
What is the status of the Bay Crabs? Are they in season?

#58 USCRA
250GP Champion 98-99
Gunstock 2000

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
they are starting into season, although when i was out today, there were traps every place we went. we went wakeboarding for about 5 hours. i rode for maybe an hour. my arms are so sore i cant move them. i couldnt even close my truck doors when i got in tonight! 100 for half bushel. thats about 30 crabs. you asked for a bushel, i dont know that you want to "shell" out that kind of money. i might have to do some searching to find real chesapeakers, but im sure its doable. alot of the crabs now come from the gulf. but if i do some calling to the better places, i'll find em. its up to you. i could even probably bring them by your place on thursday night, so they can be fridged. probably the best thing to do.keeping them on ice might be a bit dodgey. im comming up thursday to ride on friday.

just let me know

joe

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
if you get some from joe, hold out for the good Fromundah ones. don't just get those cheap ones from Joe's Gulf.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
JD, buy my van. You can chop the top off and use it as a pickup truck. I'll give you a wicked good price. It'll be pissah.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
how bout I chop the top off and use the top as a boat. it'll have an upside down tv that doesn't work

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you guys ah such a bunch a wicked-fahkin lobsta claws..

jc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fromunder clams? I bet my Pal Chipman could make a killin'. Kinda hard to get any meat out of em though, though I bet they took care of all the fromunder cheese.
Hey Aaron, I snapped the throttle cable on the new Triumph, and had to take the Spew 50 to work. Nothing like tooling around on a 30 year old 250, to help remind you what this crazy sport is all about.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bodwah & Phin., Stop it!!! I want CRABS, ya know, the kind you eat out of the bay not the ones in your croutch. Not like you damn city slickers...........

#58 USCRA
250GP Champion 98-99
Gunstock 2000

Edited by - 250gpchamp on Jul 30 2003 7:21:56 PM

·
Registered
73 Posts
The next thing you know, you guys will be running around in the mud, down on Seabrook beach, with rake and bucket in hand. Yep, gave up riding for "summa teeth", and Trailer Park Living.
Then you will be worried about some Bubba, stoving you up beside the head with a brick.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the only clams im looking for are bearded......

see yous at da track dere....

jc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now Bearded Clam is getting to be a rare species around here. We have the partly bearded clam, and the shaved clam aplenty though. Of course bearded clam tends to leave a lot of hair between the teeth, so maybe shaved is a good alterntitve?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts