Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
that is very cool.
any word about what if any of the new honda concepts will make it to the street?

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i don't like to be seen (or heard) when i ride...stay off the radar kinda thing. that's got to be the most noticeble bike i've seen in a long time. i do like the ultra new look...not rude like the rune. just not some thing i could imagine riding/owning.
parks

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i will never own a moto bigger than the displacement of my first car ('73 superbeetle).

i'll definately own a liter bike one of these days, but i like 750's!

what parks said......be invisible!

texy

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Very cool design. I think it's the first time they've used a chain final drive with the flat six. It looks doable too, the triple clamp/headlight assy might be tough, and the gas tank looks a little small assuming there's an airbox in there somewhere, but who cares.
It's the quintessential moto design, figure the minimal stuff needed to ride an engine... wheels, seat, gas tank, controls, then make it look cool.

FR

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The great thing about honda is that the majority of their concept bikes are usually only 6 - 12 months from production. I have yet to see a honda concept that wasn't a runner, didn't use a lot of off the shelf parts, and wasn't being used to test consumer reaction. All of their concept bikes are marketing studies more than design studies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Off the shelf, ha ha, like those cheese eating chrome grips they ordered from JC Whitney.
um,
nice bike otherwise.

Oh, i hope this part doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It's a truly inspired design. Honda is finally ditching the hunchback-tank, spar-framed look that sportbikes have been hurting my eyes with for over twenty years now.

Look at the lines of the tank, seat and rear fender. They got those lines from the classic racers of 30-50 years ago.

And the way the intakes and exhausts make all those repeating curves, that's totally original and pure design.

It's probably the first modern bike I'd call a cafe racer.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
really? I would call the ducati sportclassics cafe racers before that.

I don't think honda is going to ditch the wishbone frame design since it seems to be the cheapest and most versatile way to build a performance bike. Even the ducati frames are wishbone style, except they are trellis steel construction rather than slab sided boxed aluminum.

The subframe plate system honda seems to be using on this bike draws from their bikes of the late 70's and early 80's where they thought that cast aluminum sub assemblies were the cheaper, lighter way to go.

it is still a nice bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts