Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
quote:
really? I would call the ducati sportclassics cafe racers before that.
Hmm, good point. I didn't think about the Ducatis. Two reasons, I guess:

1. The Honda looks so different than the Ducatis. Like it's in a different category. The Ducatis are completely retro style. The Honda has a classic tank-seat-cowl line, but it really looks like a modern bike to me.

2. I don't like the looks of the Ducatis, so I try not to think about them much. The 70's versions were so much sleeker and well-balanced. The new Ducs are a little disappointing in the looks department, because the 70's Ducs were just about ideal. Compare:

Edited by - steve barker on Oct 11 2007 1:37:06 PM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I am a little biased because I own one now but I am a fan of the old 750/900 ss and I think they are better looking than the paulsmart.

however when it comes to the sport 1000 I think it is a much more substantial bike than the original '73 sport 750:

for some reason the sport 1000 doesn't photograph well. I showed a lot of my friends the ducati press photos of the sport 1000 and then when I showed it to them in person they all said that the bike looks completely different and is much more striking in person.

but back to the honda...

I really like thos pipes. The problem with honda is if they push this into production they will ad reflectors, 30lbs of safety crap, and give it a conventional headlight. it is too bad because that bike would be amazing just the way it is.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
On the photo differences: it's because the valve train drive stuff on the 750 is under chrome/polished metal - it really adds a striking touch, and is about 6 tons sexier than the flat black square-edged cover they use now.

I wouldn't kick either one out of my garage for any reason...

My CB450 project:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827

21 - 23 of 23 Posts