Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
He calls a 500lb otherwise stock motorcycle "the cat". They must have some fat sluggish kitties in cyprus.

Its a a scenester bike meant to sell his business more than it will get ridden.if he actually rides it the bike will probably turn to trash the first pothole he hits.

Color me disappointed and unimpressed.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or this one:

I like how the ill conceived chain shiftier linkage has appropriate slack... Must have followed the rules for drive chain where you need slack for swing arm movement. All this shit on an cm400. No wonder we get stupid questions here if these are the trends.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey, that bike would look great with only a few changes, like adding the stock seat, tank, handle bars, good tires, longer shocks and................

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Which bike gonzo?

You know what's a lost art? Engraving. I have a bunch of engraved 70's sportster parts and compared to what I see now the stuff is magnificent. Maybe the drugs are not as good now.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Maybe the drugs are not as good now.
bingo !..... seriously tho.. with all of the spare time I have in retirement and not much riding in Chicago winters, I was thinking of trying a bit of pin striping or maybe airbrushing ..... ... but I do have a bunch of covers and might try engraving. Does tandy make a kit for that? ... Or maybe wood burning hmmmmm....

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Which bike gonzo?

You know what's a lost art? Engraving. I have a bunch of engraved 70's sportster parts and compared to what I see now the stuff is magnificent. Maybe the drugs are not as good now.
Still some baller engraving going on in the firearms world.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I think this is tasteful.

·
Registered
658 Posts
In the comments on the original pict. "Looks like a Manatee" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I do like the headlight though. I likes me some big old full headlights!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Makes me wonder if I need to start appreciating 'art bikes'.
I mean, judging them as pieces of art rather than motorcycles.
This one wouldn't score too high under that condition, but probably higher than it does as a motorcycle.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
it scores almost a 0 as a motorcycle. but it sure is pretty. Actually I take that back - it is just a collection of all the most valuable hipster parts stuck on a stock bike and we are supposed to be impressed because the dude is in cyprus? Constitanous did better work with his bike and we haven't heard much of that "racer" lately. It's just a high level of finish - a golden dancer and nothing else.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I really enjoy art bikes. Not as motorcycles, but as mobile art. You get to watch an artist create something beautiful and as an extra added bonus, it's got two wheels! I try to think of them as tributes to motorcycling, not a tribute to motorcycles.

-Deek

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I just had to leave a comment on pypeburn, will probably get 'flamed' to hell and back :cool: (like I care :D)
Hey, I'm the first comment, thanks for the link, first time I've ever been first on there:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Rear tyre on that Duc couldn't get much flatter without a blow out
Another squid :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts