Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
well that takes a few of us out.

i've been thinking of the first summit event and the number of potential CB350's that could make the grid.

me, joe c, rosko, tt, soto, pete wank, jenn d, steven barber, bucky.....i'm sure i'm forgeting a few, but don't know who is gonna commit to the caferacer.net cup!

other GP350's that will probably show are: aron, steve d'angelo, steve mahanes, and rope-a-dope!

it should be quite a party down in turn 1!

see you bitches there!

texy!

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
that'll be me there first. (i still cant belive ive gotten such good starts into t1. every singe race this year!!!) just be nice and wave on the way past. im hoping my buddy bill will be ready. branson keeps threatening. and he should bring the 175.

he said maintained. not built. so tex, i think youre still in. besides, that could get really dangerous. and ifi have still have the red cb350....we'l have to convince someone last minute to join in!!!

i cant wait. thats 13 bikes. and for sure there will be more. woohoo!!

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'm guessing Summit is faster than NHIS. I can hang with the top two or three in FCB at NHIS...but on a faster track the 175 wouldn't fare as well I don't think.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
its half and half, and honestly, come kick our asses. wed love to see you there. its a great track. and youre a southern boy at heart so youd fit in with some of those ole boys. it'd be great to see the 175 out there lined up. (since weve never actually gridded up together.) and i think barring roper and mahanes, you might even make the box. the front straight is stupid long. the average lap speeds for the cb350 guys is about 70mph. so were doing like 140's or so in 2.2 miles. half of the track is like just wide open. so i think youre right. even with your bike being that hotted up. youd still be at a disadvantage. setup your fairing and come out though. you dont have to join wera, bring your usra cardadn come race! the final corner is down from 5th to 4th. if youre on, and rollin, you can do it in 5th. its a mans corner though. if you go inside, there used to be a bump that would have the bike all over. if youre behind tex and he does it, its like watching a noodle ride a noodle. frightening. then right back to 5th at about halfway down the straight. aarons done well there. but that was when my bike was a pos and i think the grids were a little smaller. and there were basically bikes that would show up that you knew were going to blow up. we had some real fun races there though. some of my favorites. one of my favorite races was with aaron and jeremy. i remember jeremy passing me into t5 and going right inot the grass. and arron almost cleaning me out from carrying so much speed in afte ri was on the brakes. literally we were bashing bars. pests!! the rest of the track is tough. the carousel is a killer. well it was. i think youd have your hands full with some of the cb350's. the front straight evens alot of people out. aaron used to catch me places, on the brakes and in the trickier areas, and then id destroy him on the straight. i will say, steve d's little 250 is a handful there. the bike handles so beautifully. last race i was able to get such a great start....leading into t1.....frightening with 500cc yamahas comming!!! but i never saw steve d after the start. the pics showed he wasnt too far behind. i think more than anything its a riders track. making the right passes at the right times. and making them stick, can be really problematic for your competition. the technical part of the track can pay huge dividends. literally you can win or lose the race there. making time in the corners there makes a huge difference in times. because they are all so close together. and driving out of the last corner i think is huge. and you know, you guys can bring the 50 and run it. thats what im really look forward to seeing. someones gotta stop those little fuckers out there on those damned metrakits.

and if bucky can get a race in, not crash, or blow up, hes going to school some people. i think hes the sleeper regional winner for next year. if things go right. the guy is fast. i think anything can happen next year. new pavement will mean fast lines, and higher speeds. its going to pickup the pace everywhere. its going to be a blast!!

i hope rosko gets a little faster....i wanna run him into t5 on the brakes.

tex, its on.

see you in t1 fruitloop.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Nov 20 2007 10:15:51 PM

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My comment was more a jab at yeller and soto to get the smack talking started. Now it has been amended to include tex.

I know how we get branson on a 350:
*rule change #2* unlimited modification if performed by rider.
Kidding of course.

Johnny, you'd have fun at summit, and I'm sure you could hang with the 350's. Heck, even I didn't come in last so there must be some slow asses out there!

Before the rule change I'm sending the rig over to Jenny Craig. Joe, see you at the scales.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Guess I'm out of the running. Didn't build my bike either.
Summit might be do-able if we can get a car pool heading south.
Looking forward to a rematch with Joe and the rest of you. FCB grids were pretty lean at the last USCRA events.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
What if JAM614 wears my suit and helmet while he rides. If not, I'm protesting. I don't know who, but somebody needs some protesting around here.

Shut up Dale

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think I might be running Formula CB next year, but we will see. With this move to Maine, my racing might be a little bit limited next year. Count me in for the Caferacer.net cup though. I should be able to make a few of them...

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:Shut up Dale
...hey, I don't even have a 350...

d.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
My comment was more a jab at yeller and soto to get the smack talking started. Now it has been amended to include tex.

I know how we get branson on a 350:
*rule change #2* unlimited modification if performed by rider.
Kidding of course.

Johnny, you'd have fun at summit, and I'm sure you could hang with the 350's. Heck, even I didn't come in last so there must be some slow asses out there!

Before the rule change I'm sending the rig over to Jenny Craig. Joe, see you at the scales.

www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org
Yeah, what he said! Alex, here is a diagram that may help you.
http://www.eng.fsu.edu/ME_senior_design/2002/folder15/basic_mechanics_of_an_engine.htm

the thingy in the middle that has moving parts is called a motor.
or should I say it in spanish "motor"

Have a good thanksgiving all...go Greenbay Packers!

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't think I could ever fit into your leathers BFD.

Jerseygirl in FCB? Cool. Bakers got a big target on his back next season.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Bla Bla bLA.... iF I DIDN'T HAVE A FAMILY AND WASN'T SUCH A PUSS...... MAYBE I WILL SEND BRANSON DOWN SOUTH WITH MY CB. THEN YOU WOULD ALL BE SCREWED!!!!

SHOULDER BOY NUMBER 2

latered

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
ROSKO

GOT YOUR MESSAGE TODAY. WAY TO CRAZY FOR ME TO CALL JOE. i will straighten it out after the turkey day.

bla blabal bla

latered

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you know me then you know that I don't really talk that much trash. You guys are the ones that got it going . If I have a target on my back then your going to have to get a little closer so you can see it.Just because the people that think they can beat me don't show and say I had an easy time of it aren't taking in the whole picture. Getting to the track with a bike that makes its full power and a body that can make it go around is part of it. If in the event that getting the bike going does somehow fall into your lap making it stopwould be a good thing . We are roadracers that means that we should use all our focus and mental ability to stay on the track. When playing farmer and plowing up the rocks you can only expect sad results.When I fall I try to stay on the track,puts these cool lines on your leathers,after the last few falls I couldn't even find where I slid.Boy they must be getting tougher. tt you have been away for quite awhile ,can't wait to try to catch up or get ahead of you. Alex,nothing that NYC says that you have to do is as important as thrashing around a track on a 350,tell them they can wait ,its only money and you can get the chance to try to catch the guy with scruffy leathers. Pete,screw the neighbors ,your a Wanker from Wis.,they can't do anything to you,run that bike up and down the street till you know you don't screw around with it at the track.Rosko your rookie season is over you can twist the right grip a little futher around now. JAM damn I worry about your getting use to the Honda,make up your mind wich way the thing goes and buy a special tire for the front and aspecial one for the back.They have front and rear fitment moulded right in the sides,take their advice.Tex..................show up I'll race you , well no no no I'll come lookin for ya' I'm going to find the picture of you in your thong post it in my shop, look at it every morning when I punch in and say,I know where that whacko hangs out,I'm gunna find him ,show him my front wheel then show him my ass!Toodles skinny boy!Joe I watched you ride for a year or two when I used to show up at the track and be on the wrong side of the fence,I singled you out and told myself If I can keep up with that guy I'll be happy. It's different now, it's time to put you and your pretty bike behind me. Having a bike with 50% more power and a rider with 50% less body weight sure seems to put me in my place,not to mention some strange natural ability to race a motorbike,given FCB power JerseyGirl is sure going to make getting to the front some kind of fun.Watch out tt she seems to be right where we are. Where the hell is John Donavan? Hmmmm that may have been too bold.It sure would be great to get on the track with the whole crowd and just get with the program.Don't forget that when you do dust me off,put me in my place or what ever you do,you have only beat some fat,57 year old goof on a bike that still runs points usually has mostly worn tires and an engine that could sure use a look inside ,that is going to make it as fun as he possibley can. See I can't talk no trash,I promise I'll work on it.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
ha ha, i gotta get some new cabinets, I GOTTA FIX MY SHOULDER SO I CAN MAKE SOME STUFF TOO

matt

latered

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Baker, you kicked ass this year without a doubt. You have to consider it a compliment to have these guys gunning for you... hell, talkin' a little smack might even inspire them to make sure their bikes run for next season....

Monkey,
I can see it now: "WERA and Summit Point Raceway would like to welcome Tannermatic teamrider John Branson to the 350gp grid..."

heal up brother! Arnica is the shiz-nizzle. look it up.

www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
lonewolf. you only singled me out cuz i had the ugliest bike. well, that and i was always in front of all the slow people, and behind all the fast people. in june, i was 2nd behind the only fast guy i thought. YOU!! and if olmstead hadnt gotten in the way and made me wait to pass him in t3, i think i might have been able to hang wiht you. then this jam614 kid comes by.....anyway, yeah, you got a target on your back. those always come with a number 1 on your front. i had never seen you run before that weekend. no doubt your fast. itll be fun to see tt and you go. or hopefully me tt you and tex go. congrats on the championship. you deserve it.

ill have my bike better sorted next year. it should be faster, lighter, and smoother. woohoo!

joe

1 - 20 of 164 Posts