Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so do you guys read the new rules posted by Karl on the USCRA list the same way i do?

purestock CB350s are eligible for:

FCB
LWSV
MWSV
MWProd.

and HWSV, F1 & F2 if we'd want to mark the back.

and no longer eligible for:

500GP

-tt

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I really like the rule changes...big step in the right direction I think. Well thought out. They did a good job in my rather meaningless opinion.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
awesome! so were eligible for bump up classes that we have no business (hp wise) being in! f'ing awesome, well thought out!

i hate the gp class purist little bitches!

tex "still hatin' every day" mawby

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
yeah pretty stupid that we are no longer allowed into 500gp. cb's will do great in midw prod.

matt

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Donovan ran pretty good in LightWeight this year. He had a win and finished 2nd for the season in that class on a stock 350. I bet you could get a FCB in the top three of middle weight with some type of lasso system.

I like the fact you can't run them in 500. My only agreement for that is really I just don't like rectangular number plates. If you run ovals I would have to disagree...

Aaron

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
is that shot from the sixties??? nah it is just a pic of the good old hippie tex out in front.

mt

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
aaron,

it's hard to argue with you when you post a great picture of me. i love you, but i love me more.

tex

·
Registered
655 Posts
quote:
awesome! so were eligible for bump up classes that we have no business (hp wise) being in! f'ing awesome, well thought out!

i hate the gp class purist little bitches!

tex "still hatin' every day" mawby

Quitcherbitchin. Just lean over more. That's why they're called bump classes. You bump up.

Z

·
Registered
598 Posts
This may sound like a stupid question but is there any way to change something on a stock 350 (ie: between races) that would make it more competitive in the bump classes ?

Thanks

J "not that" D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:
This may sound like a stupid question but is there any way to change something on a stock 350 (ie: between races) that would make it more competitive in the bump classes ?

Thanks

J "not that" D
as a matter of fact, yes. if you take my stock CB350, and between races change the rider, it would be more competitive.

tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you could pull your drum brake and swap the front end for a disk setup. i personally think if you have a good drum, especially on a shorter tighter track like nhis, its probably as good as a disk. chris ran a drum on lwsv 350, because wera says the v1 bikes have to have a drum. and he used to clean up at louden on it.

just a thought.

wasnt that a barry sheene remark?? about making it faster. put someone else on it.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
zach,

it comes down to this laddie......

driving from philly to newfuckinghampshire to race one race (formula cb). the next race take same bike and run stocker cb350 (25 to 28hp) against lightweightsupervintage cb350 hondas which can make up to 49hp. i think that is pretty illogical. oh right, then i can bump up to middleweightsuper too! what a stupidass idea!

hooray for the "club"!

i guess i'll stick with wera where i can run my bike in 350GP and 500GP! also, i can race at more than one track, and it's a two day event! numerous REAL tracks a hell of a lot closer to home.

win-win-win (WERA that is).

tex "always bitchin' about something" mawby

·
Registered
598 Posts
The Breaks do seem to be the holy grail of sorts.. what to get seems to be easy to hear but where the hell do you find / buy them ?

Thanks

J "not that" D

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Hey....I get a kick out of bumping up and running with bikes that have almost twice the hp of mine. I'll typically do ok in 350gp on my 200. I don't just run in classes where I know I might win.
I like being the hp underdog...that way every single person I pass...I pass with skill not hp.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
On the subject of brakes....I've got a nice 305 Superhawk 200mm brake ready to go. Vented, lightened, polished, new bearings, supplied with new arc'd street linings or used OEM linings.
$200 plus shipping.

Of course for serious race use on a 350cc bike you'll want to have the shoes relined by Vintage Brake....for which I'd recommend used OEM shoes since they tend to be of better quality than most aftermarket shoes.

I've got a complete T500 brake coming in that I'll be doing up with OEM linings...suitable for a 350cc race bike. Or an extremely good stopper with vintage brake race compound. $300 plus shipping for that one (with new OEM shoes).
JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Jan 29 2006 11:53:36 PM

1 - 20 of 26 Posts