Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to switch my cl350 race bike over to origianl the high pipes. I have the pipes coming from Snorkleford but am not sure what to do about mufflers. I have been told my bike is borderline too loud. Johhnny B sells a set, but it is to "do it yourself" for me- I need bolt on.

Advice/pictures of your setup would be appreciated. I see that Rosko seems to run a high two into one according to the shot of his bike in another tread.

Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Jack,
I thought you were buying the 2-1 low pipe?

If you are going to run the CL pipes you can make a 2-2 or 2-1 slip-on set-up. I think JohnnyB has done 'em before on AD's bike? Or just buy a few megs from hime and have your local welder fab something up for you. I could do it for you IF you brought (or sent) the parts down to brooklyn. Another option that I think would work without any real fabrication work would be to buy a pair of supertrapps like so:

Remember when you switch to the CL pipe to check your jetting.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I can do slip-ons in most cases, and include a bracket to hang them, but you'll still have to do some work. Slip ons for race use would require some spring mounts on the head pipes...a hose clamp won't do the job for very long. And you still have to hang the megs. 2-2 high pipes get kind of complex cause you have to have a bracket that holds both pipes and attaches to the bike. All rubber mounted or you'll shake them to pieces.

Those little Trapp mufflers are pretty cool, but you'll still have to weld on a bracket to support it. They are pretty heavy to hang on the end of a pipe with just a hose clamp. They are 3" disks so you'll need quite a few of them. And I'm guessing that taper and length aren't going to do anything good to the power. But if you just want to quiet it down they'll work.
Exhaust needs to be pretty well thought out and fabricated or it will fall off during a race and cause problems...potentially bad ones.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
When is somebody here going to make a cool up pipe for the FCB so we can all buy one? I need one bad. I don't care if it is 2-1 or 2-2. Same side exit, 1 on each side or center exit. I just want an up pipe to clean up the bottom of my engine so I can mount a clean belly pan.
How about a Hooker copy?

Please!!!!

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
569 Posts
bfd owners club 175 with stock ebay cl175 header pipes trimmed to length, JohnnyB megs,7 super trapp disks rubber mount from mcmaster. 10 degree angle (guesstimit) on the inlet. Similar set up should work on an FCB bike I would think.

http://home.comcast.net/~toyhcd/newpipes.html

finished -

dch.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts