Cafe Racer Forum banner

FCB Question

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Pete Casper 
#1 ·
Anyone know if fairings are permissible on Formula CB bikes?
According to the rulebook, it appears that general Period II rules apply concerning bodywork, period like appearance etc.
It certainly won't make much of a difference in lap times at NHIS but I've got a small fork mounted fairing that I'm considering installing.
If I make it to Mosport it actually will be of some benefit. Might give me an edge over Tex.
Thanks.

Jeff

Edited by - JAM614 on Jul 16 2007 12:02:12 PM

#5 ·
jeff,

i've already decided to take you out before turn 1. i can't stand competition when i'm all jacked up on el jimador.

texy

p.s.- fairings are allowed on cb350's in wera 350gp and 500gp. i don't know why they would be illegal in fcb since everyone is on the same bike and potentially everyone could run on if they wanted too. i say run it and if someone protests, you can hire me to take them out in the next race.

#7 ·
I thought they were not allowed for FCB AND I don't think there is enough of a straight at NHIS for it to be of much use... AND it's more to replace when someone runs you into the tires in turn 3... they do look cook though.. I have had one in my basement for two years that Monkey made for me... I just don't have the know how to mount the damn thing... but I got a CB450 that it will land on some day...run on sentence completed...

John "JD" Donovan

#8 ·
Hmmm, maybe it was my imagination that the bike had to remain in stock appearance, or maybe I'm confusing FCB with AHRMA Sportsman rules. So the fit-up looks good and easy to mount so I'm going to cheat, cause that's the only way I'll win.
Texy, I've got a trick or two up my sleeve to ward you off, mainly it consists of a healthy pre-race platter of Poitine. Some will be consumed and who knows where the rest will end up.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.