Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decides to take my two bikes I have and make one good bike. My good frame and wheels are on my XS400 and my CM400 has the better..umm only running engine. lol. So come this winter when the powder starts falling she's going under the knife and getting the honda heart.
So first question is what is a good 16" street tire. The XS400 sports 16's front and rear.
Next I wanna ditch the stock gauges and thinking about running a aftermarket electronic tach and a wireless bicycle speedometer. I know tachs are adjustable on the backs to how many cylinders the application calls for but usually it only ranges from four, six and eight? Anyone ever run an aftermarket tach? Would I be able to modify the signal coming from the coil to cut it in half if I had it selected to say a 4 cylinder engine?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
avon makes an excellent tire that will fit the xs. roadrider am21 i think.

the shindy tachs are nice, i can't really vouch for accuracy but i use the digital tach. it will work on one, two, four cylinder bikes, two and four stroke. its easy to set and not very expensive.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Pinche, If you have a 16" front wheel, it is not oiginal. I would put on Bridgestone BT45s.

Ken

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pirelli Sport Demons are excellent,sticky,bias ply street tires.

I run them on my wife's Ninja 250(16" wheels)and on the road they will hang with any modern sport bike in tight twisties.

They are probably the #1 overall tire upgrade for the last generation Ninja 250s.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

Pinche, If you have a 16" front wheel, it is not oiginal. I would put on Bridgestone BT45s.

Ken
The bike is dead stock. It's a 81 XS400 Special II as every other XS400 model had a disk upfront except this has a drum. The bike only has like 9k on it and from what I can tell, still have the stock rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts