Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been reading the forums a while and finally bought a 76 CB 500t I'm making into a caferacer. I've hit a snag in finding a seat. I really like some of the stuff at Glass from the Past but I can't get a hold of him. Is there another source for fiberglass seats similar to what GFTP sells?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
its not airtech.com.....unbless you want to go to mexico.

jc

·
Registered
896 Posts
have you looked at ebay? there is usually a bunch of cafe seats there....

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
cosmo has boxes of them. and usually being auctioned.

j

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got a seat for a cb550 from Glass From The Past and was not happy with it. It took for ever to come, fit poorly and the upholestry is crap. The overall quality of the fiberglass was Ok, at best. I will never buy another thing from them. The owner, Bret, use to frequent this site. I wonder if he still does.

-Brent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked one up on Ebay just now. I swear I looked before and didn't find one but there was one that was perfect and I snagged it. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I just recently received some stuff from Glass from the Past and although waiting for some time the quality is great. Most fiberglass stuff for vintage bikes is not going to be a bolt on affair. The pieces that Bret sent me for an Aermacchi are as best as you could expect. Shape and quality are almost perfect. The Honda stuff is kind of hard because they are just starting to collect and restore them so the stuff is iffy for bolt-ons. For Honda stuff I'd go with Air-Tech, for European bikes I'd go with Bret first.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'm waiting for two fenders now from Glass from the Past. Was supposed to be a stocking item. I mailed the form with a check in it about six - seven weeks ago...he cashed the check a couple of weeks ago, still no fenders. I was under the impression that it was an in stock item. I'm sure they will show up eventually.
JohnnyB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts