Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Tex

Where is the shop? I might be a lurker at the moment, but I'm trying desperately to get my hands on a cb750 SOHC. Got any nearly running spares you'd let go cheap? ;) I've contacted two people on craigslist recently and got nothing? what gives?

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
search craigs on sunday mornings. its the best way to get in on a good deal.

i know a few people who have picked up nice bikes on sunday mornings from craigs.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
yo lee,

i got a 1980 CB750F Supersport for sale. Caferacer price is $1500.00.

Here is a couple of pictures.

Let me know if you are interested!

[email protected]

cheers (and welcome),

tex

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the offer Tex. However when I said cheap, I mean CHEAP! I'm broke and need something that is either not running or barely running so that I can work on it myself. Then I can sell my current bike (1985 Honda Shadow 500) to pay for this one. I won't get that much for my bike I don't think.

Besides, I kind of want the SOHC version.

Again, thanks for the offer though.

PS. That is pretty sweet looking though.

Edited by - lefty337 on Jun 28 2007 09:24:43 AM

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Lefty,
Cafe that Shadow. I bet you could mix and match a bunch of e-bay Honda parts and come up with something different and cool. I bet the wheels from a VT500 Ascot would bolt right on and give you 18" rims. Get a CX500 tank, a fiberglass seat, lose the grab rail and chrome fenders, etc. You get the idea. Like you say, it probably isn't worth too much and you already have it.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Lefty,

I have a CB550 4 project. Complete except for side covers and mufflers, motor turns over. I have not tried to start it. $200 come and get it.
It also has a NYS title, not in my name. Bike is in Oneonta NY.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kenessex . . . I had considered cafeing the Shadow but I think it will just come out looking confused. It doesn't have the stance for a cafe, I think it might just come out looking more like a cafe-bob. I have thought about it several times though.

Jack . . . how are the CB550's speed? Any bike I get is going to be a fair-weather commuter including highway riding. My problem with the shadow now is that I have to really work to get anywhere on the highway.

This board is great, I never thought I'd get offers for bikes out of this.

PS. Does this count as a jacked thread?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Lefty,

I know nothing about the top and or crusing speed of the 550, the fastest I had it going was about 60, of course that was while it was on the trailer behind my van.

Some guys here have them and maybe could tell you.

Jack

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I have a friend with a cb550, and he x-ways it. Catboy has had my cb360 up to 85 (and still pulling), and if Baby Sister can do it a cb550 should have no problem. Unless you weigh 600lbs or something.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Ride my 550 on the highways all the time. Been on trips from Maine to the Cape and Virginia Beach with no cruising problems. One time on a long downhill the speedo read about 126. Not that I believe I was going that fast but it'll easily do the ton. But only homos who fill out their bios ride them (trying to stay on topic)

JD

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey JackC, you've piqued my interest at least. Do you have pictures or have any idea what it would take to get streetable? (Aside from the usual carb cleaning, spark plugs, etc?)

The other problem is getting it down here, it's almost a 4 hour drive and I don't own a truck. How much do you think it would cost for shipping? It priced out to somewhere around $250 to rent a pickup from uhaul.

Got any ideas?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Lefty,

There were some photos of it on a thread here, but now they are gone. Maybe someone can get them back up.

Not sure what all the bike would need besides the usual clean up, a throttle cable, muffflers and new tires. It also needs a front fender, but the one on my junk 350-4 may fit. The guy I got it from said the guy he got it from (yada yada yada) said it ran before it was stuck in the barn. I think it was on the road a couple years ago.

A cheap or free bike ususally ends up costing you at least $800 to get it up to snuff. I have a nice $300 CB 360 that I now have nearly $1000 into, and it still needs stuff.

Check forward air from Albany to philly, but it would be cheaper to pick it up. I would meet you 1/2 way, as long as it is a non urban area for gas money both ways (with the trailer I get 19 MPG) and a cup of coffee.

Oh, to stay on topic, yes, I filled out my bio.

Jack

Edited by - Jackc on Jun 28 2007 8:07:22 PM

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
filling out bio has gotten me nowhere.......I havent recieved even one offer for a date yet! So if I were you, Id look elsewhere for a date!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, im sorry, i cleaned out my webpage a few weeks back. i looked at those pics, and just figured, it had been resolved. im sorry. i have piles and piles of pics on disk, and i just could find the ones you sent me. i actually quit looking because it took so long. if you havent gotten rid of the bike, you can resend them to me, and ill repost them for you for a few more months. just refresh you ad so its at the top.

sorry again

joe

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Joe,

Thanks for the offer. Lets give Lefty first chance. If he decides against getting the bike then I'll list an ad again. Unless I decide to keep it as a future future future project.

Jack

21 - 38 of 38 Posts