Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

· Registered
3,551 Posts
v belt drive, daytona winning, yamaha production racer... ha ha ha

whatever it is... I still had a blast running with you in lt wt sup vint. untill i totally blew it in turn one... I just flaked and went right off the track. next time I will pre turn and use my brake alittle.... whatever dude

Champ... next time you will be latered in the bowl.

congrats to steve baker aka "killer" and the branson family... at least you guys got trophys this time

dude

ps evs..... thanks for letting me mooch the starting roller machine . those things saved my mojo in the heat

latered

· Registered
2,139 Posts
Evil, sorry bro, forgot, then remembered. It was good to meet you too, and to push the SR on the grid. Sorry we couldn't get it fired up for you. And I totally dig the MT.

FR

· Registered
11,783 Posts
monkey, at least i didnt get beat by a girl in my own class. and hows it you never came back by me in lwsv? jersey girl, you gotta work on your corner speeds. i had about 6 opertunities to barge past, but was looking for a nice neat clean pass. you defend the line well. and yes, im afraid of your mom! very cool to know it was you out there there.

thanks to everyone who helped me out this weekend. everyone who tolerated my need for drill bits and saftey wire and everything else. and thanks for all the great feedback on the new bike. its getting there.

whatevs, it was great to meet you and do some pitting together. youre one of the coolest ducati snobs i know! rosko, get faster. and you too sotoman. jeff, youre fast enough. mike o too. branson, it was great watching matt try and get by you. and parks was holding his own too. rookie george, if i had known that was you, i would have stopped and introduced myself. sorry. frankc, your bikes are insane.

you guys all gotta do summit sometime soon. if we can make it to nh and wva in one weekend, you guys have no excuses to not make summit for one day.

wheres aaron?

jc

"tex, if your bikes a cheater, its not a very good one"

· Registered
11,783 Posts
yeah, you could have "tt'd" it! tim, im glad you didnt show, i would have had my hands full i have a feeling. although 4 of us dicing it up would have been fantastic! heal soon dude. see ya at summit. if there is anything i can do, let me know. also, i was asked what "farm" you work at?

jc

· Registered
317 Posts
Wow what a kick ass weekend. Thank for all the kind words and encouragement! It was so much fun to finally play with you guys. I can't believe it took me almost 27 years to find out!

John....that race was such a good time. It was awesome to watch you show me what was up in the corners. Definitely gave me some good pointers. Wax on, wax off...

Watching from turn 3 now gives me a whole new perspective. Parks and Fred were going through so smooth and fast. Makes me know I have to pick it up. And of course Clancy....your bike looks good, and you were flying on it. Rosko it was fun to see a fellow classmate hauling around the track. You looked good, and you are easy to spot with your leathers;)! Also it was nice chatting with DCH and being able to share our first race experiences together.

Johnny B....you sure showed me what was up. I really thought you were just breaking me in. You probably would have laughed if you saw the look on my face. I would have rubbed elbows again, but yeah you left me in the dust! Hopefully one day...

Do I have to wait until Labor Day?? I am trying to talk my sponsor into a ride Mid Ohio.....hope to see you all out there!

· Registered
68 Posts
Lates, no problem. I know yer all man, but I hate to see folks pushing thier bikes around in the blazing heat. Too bad some stranger on an Indian fried the damn rollers without permission.

Great to see everyone...so many names and handles I can hardly keep it straight. Big up and thanks to any and everyone who helped me get my bike back together to run the squirrely 8 laps in 500. Wish you would have been there Tim...back with a vengeance soon. Seth, yer aces as a travel-pit mate. We gotta make t-shirts. Joe C, yer bike is about as pretty and green as Steve D's...just heavier. Looking forward to getting passed by you like I was tied to a tree again soon.

Kerry Smith, as I said, I am so happy for you. You did great for a first race and I expect great things! (Mid-Ohio...Mid-Ohio)

-Aron

· Registered
11,783 Posts
mid o it is. im committing to going right now. ill talk to my buddy in chi town tonight. i know cafe736 is going. so thats how many from here. jersey, whatevs, me, aaron, zman, jd, ok, who else? awesome. i know rabbie's going. and i talked a to a few other people who are in. woohoo!!

ive never been there. should make for some good off roading! rosko, you in?

jc

· Registered
753 Posts
If every monday could be like the last one life could be alot more fun. It was great to see everyone in dry conditions.tt, fix up quick and come back out and play. FR how much will we have to hound you to get that big single or the 450 out there? Joe,Aron,Seth,what an effort,wish I could have joined in on the two track extravaganza.Johnny B.,Mary,Matt Tanner,Everybody can't wait for Labor Day.

· Premium Member
7,411 Posts
Steve, I for one am glad to see you finally getting the results your skill deserves.
You've dealt with a lot of bike problems but when you get things sorted and can let your skills speak, you bring home the iron.
The Lonewolf is howling in 07.
JohnnyB

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Concerning MiD-O, Anyone know what the deal is with camping at the track either in a tent or trailer? Showers on site, etc.? I know Pre-entry only, closes early too so Shit or get off the pot time is fast approaching. I'd have room for a couple of bikes if any one from Maine, NH, Mass might be interested in going. BFD, Scott, Tanner???

Jeff

· Registered
331 Posts
Psyched to hear everyone had a good time...
Sorry to hear about the new battle wounds on Rookie and Tim... I'm drooling wishing I could have been there... :( Anyone want to make some extra $$ in the off season dialing in my FCB, I need someone who's tool box is more than a hammer and a par of visegrips!

J nt D

· Registered
2,763 Posts
Concerning MiD-O, Anyone know what the deal is with camping at the track either in a tent or trailer? Showers on site, etc.? I know Pre-entry only, closes early too so Shit or get off the pot time is fast approaching. I'd have room for a couple of bikes if any one from Maine, NH, Mass might be interested in going. BFD, Scott, Tanner???

Not to discourage anyone from doing mid-ohio, it's a great track and great event. But... AHRMA seems to think very highly of this event. They want some proof that you're an experienced racer before they let you on the track for this event. Jim Marhan looked into doing it and he came away very discouraged. If you've got the proof that you've taken a race school, and according to Jim, they looked down on the Hawk school for some reason, and proof that you've raced in several races then by all means this is an event to attend.

If you're a racer they're letting people camp in the padock now. In the past they only let self contained campers stay in the padock. I don't think they allow tents in the padock but they've allowed people to sleep in vans. Tents, I think, have to stay outside the padock in the big field. Showers are available, kind of close to the padock, and very far from the tent field. The few showers they have are available for anyone, and there are a lot of people at this event so you can kind of get an idea of what that will be like.

This event is a must do for everyone at least once in their lives. Kind of like Daytona. But just don't expect the same friendly atmosphere you get with the USCRA, cause it's not there.

Craig

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks Craig.
I don't recall seeing a question on the entry forms regarding prior experience. I registered with ARHMA and became a member last year with hopes to race at Barbers, assigned number and all. I see no point in telling them that it would be my first event with AHRMA. As added security, I think I do have my Hawk certificate (whatever good that does), a valid USCRA license and could print race results for a whopping 2 years of experience. (Note sarcasm). They should regognize USCRA licenses as we have members that do extremely well no matter where they race.
I'd wear a newbie vest if they'd prefer but otherwise I'd plead ignorance.
I'd be sleeping in a race trailer if I went as I would expect most of the local rooms have been booked now. Sounds discouraging though. There's always next year.

Jeff

· Registered
11,783 Posts
ask cafe736 about it. if youve only raced with the uscra, you dont realize how "high tech" other clubs are. you have to have 2 ahrma races to run at mid o or daytona, or submit a resume. they have all your crap on computer, so they will know your history with them. if youve been running with other clubs, it wont be a problem. but they want you to have seat time. last year, scott showed up with no laps and they let him run practice and that was it. he drove all of the way from chicago. i belive its outlined on the entry or in the rulebook. hawk school isnt on most of the approved lists of racing schools. i think mostly because they are more like a track day club then a real racing school. ive never done it, but id say if youre prepared for what they want, you shouldnt have a problem. if you think its going to run like a uscra event, youre wrong. just be prepared. and do some research. and ask questions of guys like craig, arron, and people who know.

jc

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.