Cafe Racer Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

· Registered
2,763 Posts
Guys - something to think about. The VRRA's Mosport event is only one week later than the Mid-Ohio event. The VRRA is going to be a heck of a lot easier to race with than AHRMA is. A heck of a lot more helpful and a heck of a lot more fun with the lack of intensity that Mid-Ohio seems to have. And they don't seem to have the problem with USCRA racers that AHRMA seems to have.

And the VRRA classes line up with USCRA's a lot better.

If you only have time to do one of them do Mosport. But that's my opinion only. Take it for what you wish.

Craig

· Registered
3,551 Posts
Thanks for the invites bro's .... unfortunately I will not be traveling anywhere other than nhis this year and probably many more until my children get old enough to go with me. It is pretty hard for my wife to handle the two without me. I will probably do a trackday this summer.

I know I sound lame..... I am just being a realist

tanner

ps but if I were going to go somewhere I would probably go to mosport. Frank c is going to be racing his td1 there for a reunion event. That would be pretty cool.

latered

· Registered
68 Posts
I agree with Craig, but I am going to try and do both Ohio and Mosport.

Last year I managed to sneak into the Mid Ohio event by applying for a AHRMA license way early, and then just registering. They never said anything to me. It probably just raises eyebrows if you don't have one or try to apply for both at the same time.

We camped by the Keyhole, which is pretty far from the showers/pits, but they had a shower truck and bathrooms there which were fairly clean and easy to use.

It IS a big event and more high tech (even though they don't use transponders), but it didn't seem too hairy. There are still a lot of slower guys who show up and the grids didn't seem all that larger than, say, the last LWSV race at NHIS. It was one of my first decent, no-break-down events and I got somewhere around 6th or 7th in 350 and 500. I think everyone would do fine...

-Aron

· Registered
40 Posts
it was good seeing everyone monday,what a great day of racing. thank you bob balla for letting me run the 125. amazing how much fun to ride they are. bfd and i figuring out where to go race this summer, i know you wont regret going to mosport. joe ruth

· Premium Member
7,411 Posts
I let my AHRMA membership lapse this year. They didn't have any problem with me running with them a couple of years ago. There's a "history" between the two clubs so perhaps some bad blood at high levels. But the average AHRMA guy could care less what club you come from.

Craig....last time I checked VRRA was slowing adopting AHRMA rules...note that the "200gp" class is already listed as conforming to AHRMA "200gp Plus" rules. They are stupid rules that seem to change from year to year depending on who is winning. My USCRA legal bike for instance would be illegal in AHRMA or VRRA. Because they limited the Honda Sloper to 175cc plus 5%. Whereas USCRA allows 200cc plus 5%.....which makes sense for a "200gp" class. Basically if a new comer to AHRMA finds himself winning 200gp too often his bike will most likely be subject to some rule change pretty quick. They call it a "performance index" class rather than a "displacement" class.

Although I once raced against an AHRMA Honda "175" that had 30mm carbs!! I use 24mm on mine at it's 209cc. So the laws of physics seem to be sometimes be in question at AHRMA races.

Anyway....BFD....I'm enjoying the cookies...I'm eating them out of my trophy..thanks bro!
JohnnyB

PS. Last time I went to Mosport for the big Vintage meet I won the "Lightfoot" trophy in the 200gp class. Damn near destroyed my engine doing it though.

Edited by - jbranson on Jun 13 2007 7:55:04 PM

· Registered
11,783 Posts
id rather go to mosport too. if i lived up there i probably would. but ive always wanted to do mid o and since i have alot of friends going, thats where ill be.

jc

"tex, if your bikes a cheater, its not a very good one"

· Premium Member
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
i'm doing mosport. clancypants already knows that. mr daytona will be doing mosport too, clancypants knows this as well. seems like clancy pants is afraid to run against the two guys on stocker cb350 that can beat his "green machine".

pussy!

texy

· Registered
2,006 Posts
JohnnyB
Enjoy the spoils of victory! It was Joe Ruth's idea originally when we bought too much food for an event but I think it's worth continuing. Maybe one event should give baked goods in a special pie tin or something. Who doesn't love pie

Trying to decide between Mid-O and Mosport isn't easy. Never been to Mid-o and trying a new track would be great, the potential hassles are a litle bummer. Went to Mosport last year and had a heck of a time. Good track and the VRRA was great to deal with. Zero hassles except the tech guy who thought my 175 brakes wern't good enough and "was gonna keep an eye on me". Worked out just fine
I guess we have 2-3 weeks before the pre-reg cutoff
bfd

· Registered
1,933 Posts
mid-o shmid-o
been there, done that...the track is really fast (good!!!) and really challenging (good!) but to cut a really fast lap, one has to take on a level of risk which is unaccepltable for my paternal ass. the armco leading into thunder valley needs to be up close and very personal if you you want the big speed back there. the fast guys go fast in the fast sections and that's one of the the biggies at that track...the ahrma guys are real uptight about outside (uscra and others) entries because it has proved to be the most dangerous track on the calender. a guy died there the last time i made the trek out to the presidential swing state...
as an event, i found it awesome....the swap meet is one of a kind and a must for any collector/ purchasing enthusiast (not to mention seller of moto-product). bring a pit bike and don't bring a bicycle...the nazi styled security dudes freak on you if you pedal. the place is big so allow extra time if you plan on walking the entire experience. if you have to choose, mosport is fast but more casual and therefore more better in my book. how'd we get off fim monday...what a great day.
parks

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah, WTG Kerry. Didn't take you long to get up to speed! I got spanked in both of those races. Series of unfortunate events...
Caferacer.net Nation was in full force.
So who's in for the St. Crouix Quebec VRRA race in 2 weeks?

My highlight of the weekend was getting by Joe C into the Chicane for 2nd. I think Mike O got by him in the same spot. JC had no idea we were that close. Damn that was fun.

So fess up, who grabbed that CB on ebay, Soto???

Jeff

· Registered
11,783 Posts
that race was my biggest highlight so far. (i was in second at summit too, before i ra outta gas!) but the nhis race was better. i just wish mikeo would have diced it up a little more with me. i probably would have backed right off, since my jacket was flapping wide open. yeah, ill admit, you guys did that perfectly. i really had no idea you were that close. it was a real nice pass. i told mike o, it was exactly what i would have done. next time i wont be so nice to the lappers. (kidding) ill be sure to check both shoulders next time. lesson learned.

nice riding jerseygirl. hilarious to have a front row seat to tanner smoking into 1 after you passed him. after that you lit the burners and i never saw you again.

jc

"tex, if your bikes a cheater, its not a very good one"

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.