Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats all i was just excited, i have been riding since november but now i am legal. they wouldn't let me take it on my personal motorcycle (don't have all the blinkers/electrical worked out to be road legal) so i borrowed a tw200 from my work pretty easy ordeal.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Awesome, its nice not having to worry about that. Cops here in Washington are starting to do random checks for endorsements on the road and are impounding bikes of those who don't have them while riding.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Feels good don't it.

And I wish more cops checked endorsements....lots of absolute idiots out there riding that have business on a motorcycle.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

Feels good don't it.

And I wish more cops checked endorsements....lots of absolute idiots out there riding that have business on a motorcycle.
JohnnyB
come to NY, the local LEOs would be happy to check your endorsement every single time they see you. They set up whole parties in the middle of the street just to celibrate you having one...(or are those roadblocks celebrating that you don't have one and they can now write you 30 tickets and impound your bike).

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I'd tend to agree if you stated you wish they made a automobile operator's permit much much much harder to get

and remove licensing requirements for motorcycles

I don't care how many idiots kill themselves on a bike

not that I want anyone doing themselves in but I respect an idiot on a bike much more than an idiot driving a car or truck

at least the idiot on the bike isn't likely to endanger or harm you or yours....... or me either

but I damned sure care how many complete nincompoops, that have no business ever having the right to legally operate an automobile, kill cyclists who assume all risks for their actions

and the actions of those cagers who always win when metal swapping take place

think about it

our streets would be much safer if idiots (the large majority of legally licensed automobile drivers) and people no longer capable (old as satan) of operating cars

only had the choice of slinging a leg over a motasiggle

really........ who..... besides him/her self is an idiot on a motorcycle going to hurt?

Feels good don't it.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well they are moronic Aholes and should be kicked in their stupid faces

then get busy getting dangerous blue hairs and retards from behind of the steering wheels of 3500 pound rolling missiles

I don't really have any very strong opinions on this subject but if anyone proclaiming to be a motorcyclists starts suggesting more laws making it more difficult to obtain a motorcycle license or tiering restrictions

or anything approaching that obvious disconnect with logic and common sense

well I'll get back to you on what I think about that

quote:Originally posted by TonyDanger

Awesome, its nice not having to worry about that. Cops here in Washington are starting to do random checks for endorsements on the road and are impounding bikes of those who don't have them while riding.

·
Registered
602 Posts
...and why the hell are people not only allowed back on public roads, but are allowed out of prison period, I've seen it on TV where some cager gets pulled over and it's their 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th DUI.
Those are the clowns that should be locked up and have the fuckin keys thrown away!
They are beyond paying fines, and way beyond paying for insurance, but they still end up behind the wheel causing major personal or property damage.
Yeh, I'm fucking angry about that shit, I got taken out by a drunk on my bike back in 84, it was three years before I even had the balls to get back on a bike.
Job gone, money gone, hooked on prescribed pain killers, almost fucked up my marriage...yeh, drunk drivers hit a nerve with me.
Geez, my face is burning, thought I'd put all that shit behind me.
Sorry for venting guys, but if any of you have been where I was...you know what I mean.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Hey I hear you...... my first time to get permanently broken up was because of an idiot driving a 68 cutlass

second time

awww who cares

yeppers

they pass automobile permits out like they were outcome based education system high school diplomas

and unless you are a total moron and don't have any money either

you can keep that permit for as long as you are able to turn the key and go run over people

hate to hear yours was that rough, hang in there and some of our fellow cyclists have never gotten theirselves creamed by idiots behind the wheels of automobiles

drunk or sober

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'd go for tiered bike license too :)

Seen way too many 16 year olds die their first month of riding a motorcycle with no license, no prior experience.

Sure it's technically their own fault. They don't deserve to die for a teenage lack of judgement. Nor do their possible passengers.

Anyone that can ride a motorcycle competently has nothing to fear from licensing. I hate to use Europe as an example of anything...but go over there and see that quality of riding skills compared to the US. It's amazing. And most of them have tiered systems.

I also see way to many husbands and fathers in their 40's die on their new Harleys with no license and no business on a motorcycle. Sure it's because they are stupid....yet still they don't deserve to die for it.

Bottom line...if you have a car license you have at least shown a minimum of ability to drive a car under test conditions. No bike license and you can get on a bike and attempt to ride on public roads with not one minute of experience or instruction and not the slightest idea of how to operate a motorcycle. That's stupid for the rider, that's stupid for motorcycling as it just adds another statistic that will get all our bikes outlawed, legislated out of existance or make it impossible to get insurance or health care.

An idiot on a bike doesn't just kill himself, he's killing the sport. And of the four people I personally have known over the years that have been killed on bikes....guess what, not a single car was involved in the accidents. Yes that antidotal, but it's my experience.
JohnnyB

PS. And this is from someone who spend 6 six weeks in the hospital when a car made a left turn in front of me.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

I'd go for tiered bike license too :)

Seen way too many 16 year olds die their first month of riding a motorcycle with no license, no prior experience.

I guess you are unaware that population is at critical mass on planet earth and many top scientists have been advocating exterminating 80-90% of the current population..... it is a real and serious problem when we humans think we can defy mother nature so everyone can buckle under the indignant cries from the bleeding hearts that everyone should be able to procreate wholesale.... believe me.... people should have to be licensed to breed long before they should have to be licensed to ride a motorcycle

Sure it's technically their own fault. They don't deserve to die for a teenage lack of judgement. Nor do their possible passengers.

Let's not forget the idiots who spawned them and didn't give them any home training and I've very little sympathy for any idiot that gets on the back of a bike with somebody they have no clue about their ability to actually pilot it...... same goes for automobile passengers. Anyone here unaware that motorcycles are damned dangerous? The red thing on the stove is hot? Hungry tigers may eat you if you pet them wrong?

Anyone that can ride a motorcycle competently has nothing to fear from licensing. I hate to use Europe as an example of anything...but go over there and see that quality of riding skills compared to the US. It's amazing. And most of them have tiered systems.

Oh, cars don't run over motorcycles in other parts of the world because their cyclists are so superior than those here? Totally untrue but I am not my brother's keeper.

I also see way to many husbands and fathers in their 40's die on their new Harleys with no license and no business on a motorcycle. Sure it's because they are stupid....yet still they don't deserve to die for it.

If I jump off a cliff because I am just too damned stupid, or I drive my car, which I am legally licensed (and we both know that proves virtually nothing about IF I am or am not competent to operate it) to operate, 100 mph into a wall...... who are you to say I don't deserve to die and pray tell..... why does it matter to you? Face it, there are far too many stupid people out there and you are really missing the common sense logic and failing to put the HORSE before the CART when it comes to really making society safe from it's self..... the disconnect is what really will result in greater good with the least effort......... making automobile operators actually have to prove actually competent makes a million times more sense than advocating anything but removing licensing requirements for motorcycles.

Bottom line...if you have a car license you have at least shown a minimum of ability to drive a car under test conditions. No bike license and you can get on a bike and attempt to ride on public roads with not one minute of experience or instruction and not the slightest idea of how to operate a motorcycle. That's stupid for the rider, that's stupid for motorcycling as it just adds another statistic that will get all our bikes outlawed, legislated out of existance or make it impossible to get insurance or health care.

Bottom line, none of the states require any reasonable level of proving physically fit, mentally capable (hell you don't even have to be able to read and write ENGLISH for sucks fake!), and with reasonable level of skill to pilot an automobile on public streets effectively giving masses of walking(should be) fools the right to endanger, kill, and maim the motoring public at large. The only reason motorcycles would ever be outlawed would be because it is true that just because our officials are elected.... and many even talk real good...... that doesn't mean they or the bassackwards bleeding heart people that vote for them have as much sense as I flushed down the toilet just this morning.

An idiot on a bike doesn't just kill himself, he's killing the sport. And of the four people I personally have known over the years that have been killed on bikes....guess what, not a single car was involved in the accidents. Yes that antidotal, but it's my experience.
JohnnyB

PS. And this is from someone who spend 6 six weeks in the hospital when a car made a left turn in front of me.
Idiots should be empowered and enabled to... or at least not prevented to.. kill themselves......... masses of idiots should not be empowered and enabled...... in a huge defiance of good common sense and logic..... to kill many more idiots or even take chances of allowing them to kill "those who are of the right stuff"

and hey....... nothing personal at all...... we just have hugely different points of view on this issue

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
here in NY we have a tiered system - it is called bike financing.

Despite having riding and racing expirence I could not lease a brand new GSXR or zx7r when I was 18 (and I tried). No bank would loan me money for that. The dealers told me that the only way that their bikes were leaving with me is if I brough cash in and $8K at the time was a lot to swing for a college student.

I was floored when I got to louisiana and saw 18 year olds being able to get financing for brand new hayabusas. I was also floored when the sales techinque was "no...stop...don't...ok" when it came to selling these bikes. Went to more than one bike related funeral when I was there.

Most european tiered systems are also age based. I know in england and japan it is impossible for you to get a 1000cc bike before you are 25 (most bike theives are under that BTW) and over 25 the tiered systems don't really apply to you anymore. the only thing keeping aging hipsters off of harleys is their cost overseas.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
While thoughts of idiots killing themselves may be comforting to a lot of us emotionally...myself included. It WILL lead to legislation that effects us all, in what kind of bikes we can own, how much hp they can make, how fast their limiters will let them go etc. Since we are NOT going to change the driving habits of the general public in their cars...I believe we should do what we can to reduce motorcycle deaths from the causes we CAN help prevent.

My dislike for the way people drive their cars does not have any effect on my desire to see new motorcyclist become part of the riding/voting community rather than a death statistic. The fact that I can't get people driving cars to drive better to save lives, does not mean I don't want people on bikes riding better to save their lives. I want them to keep riding, to keep buying bikes, to keep voting for good things for bikes...like guard rails that aren't meat grinders.

I have no interest in my brother's safety for the most part. I have interest in my own desire to continue to be able to purchase, ride and insure bikes that have 130+hp and go 180mph :) If every 17 year old kid in the country doing a wheelie on a new gixxer got killed and that would help me...I'd be all for that :). But...it kind of works the other way around. Every time one of those kids gets killed, or a father gets killed, it makes the paper...and the soccer moms and grandma's all go out and vote for people that don't like "murdercycles"
JohnnyB

·
Registered
125 Posts
"at least the idiot on the bike isn't likely to endanger or harm you or yours....... or me either"

Just to be devil's advocate here...

Bikes are hella dangerous to others. Capable of incredible speeds, small, narrow, small point of contact. Last year we had an accident here, bike nearly cut a car in half. Think about pinwheeling bikes flying down roads.

Nope. You're never convince this guy that bikes are any less dangerous to others than cars. Being hit with a 2000# weight at 100 miles per hour, or a 500# weight at 100 miles per hour... dead is dead.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
nerf....geet, you kill me bro!

i want a nerf cb350!

texy

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
then explain why Liability insurance for a Busa is much cheaper than for a Vette........

and then explain why full coverage, especially uninsured motorist for the same vehicles will tip the scales in the exact opposite direction

the HUGE insurance industries all over the planet have the numbers down pat.... bet on it

automobiles are much more dangerous, to others, than motorcycles will ever be

and if you need more to ponder

compare liability and full coverage numbers for Semi's and then Airplanes

the progression is quite logical and based on actual reality which clearly supports my positions

regardless if they are not able to be grasped my the mediocre masses or politicians who have long since stopped paying tribute to common sense in favor of the holy dollar

quote:Originally posted by rat

"at least the idiot on the bike isn't likely to endanger or harm you or yours....... or me either"

Just to be devil's advocate here...

Bikes are hella dangerous to others. Capable of incredible speeds, small, narrow, small point of contact. Last year we had an accident here, bike nearly cut a car in half. Think about pinwheeling bikes flying down roads.

Nope. You're never convince this guy that bikes are any less dangerous to others than cars. Being hit with a 2000# weight at 100 miles per hour, or a 500# weight at 100 miles per hour... dead is dead.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:Originally posted by coreyjdl

Damn i was just excited i passed a drivers test, didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest.
Corey you bastard give us back your license or else!!!

Nah...we do this all the time, no worries :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Congratulations Troublemaker Corey!

Keep the rubber side down and watch out for nuts and idiots that are all over the road.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
NERF!!!

congrats corey, welcome to the proper side of the law - now go out and give them a reason to take it away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts