Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now to start on Tech....

How much you want to bet this happens again tomorrow?

Can we restric new signups? Maybe pre screen them until we can get the board upgraded or sumpthin? Otherwise we are just going to go through this all over again....

BTW this bastard was sneaky, when the bot was spaming us with post, any deleted post would then be reposted twice. IF someone in england wants to go over and skullfuck this cretin I will gladly pay to watch.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Geeto, i did not know that you were the man.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

EVIL

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no worries...this place salvages my sanity when I am staring down a compute screen for 12-14hours a day at work...With out it I just might be a fixture on the nightly news.....

Tech Section is back in order BTW.

Motherfucker posted 373 times before being stopped.....I swear to god if this guy comes back I will personally decapitate him and fuck the neck hole

Edited by - geeto67 on Dec 04 2007 8:42:38 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yep, might be time to require approval of new members.
JohnnyB

PS. I'm also in for a donation if needed to upgrade.

Edited by - jbranson on Dec 04 2007 9:04:18 PM

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah that guy was a motherfucker,The site lagged me out and crashed my browser when I loaded the active topics page.

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I suppose I could pitch in $$$, too. Looking forward to this site after work has gotten me through more than a few days at a mindless job (hmmm, this site as the best part of my day makes my life sounds pretty pathetic - even to me). However, I like the look & organization of this site. I hope new software doesn't change it too much. Most other forums I visit are too impersonal for me & have way too many different sections. Remember, I work with my hands, not my brain - simple is good.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Here's the WHOIS lookup on this pigfucker:

OrgName: InternetNamesForBusiness.com
OrgID: INFB
Address: 500 East Broward Boulevard
Address: Suite 1700
City: Fort Lauderdale
StateProv: FL
PostalCode: 33394

NetRange: 216.251.32.0 - 216.251.47.255
CIDR: 216.251.32.0/20
NetName: MEGA-1
NetHandle: NET-216-251-32-0-1
Parent: NET-216-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.MEGANAMESERVERS.COM
NameServer: NS2.MEGANAMESERVERS.COM
NameServer: NS3.MEGANAMESERVERS.COM
Comment:
RegDate:
Updated: 2001-04-09

RTechHandle: ZI51-ARIN
RTechName: InternetNamesForBusiness
RTechPhone: +1-954-323-0075
RTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: ZI51-ARIN
OrgTechName: InternetNamesForBusiness
OrgTechPhone: +1-954-323-0075
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2007-12-04 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I was any where near this douche bag the ocular penetration would have already happened. I'll find out Thursday if I got my first real job since I finished college. If so I'd be happy to pitch in to help us upgrade. If not, I can only offer moral support. It sucks, when I was in school I was poor, now I finished and Raman is quickly getting out of my price range. If this job does not pan out, I might end up eating my Hondas.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Geeto ,I like what youve done to the place.Ill be happy to chip in something to help as I know online working takes ALOT OF TIME.
So to have some cheery flowers and some fresh paint on the old walls will be ready to go to help more cafers see the light.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Holy shit, I'm glad you guys are on here so much. I don't check for a few days and the place goes to hell with these spammers. Thanks geeto and whoever else is deleting posts. It's my own fault because I usually delete the users once or twice a day but I haven't been here in a few so there were a ton.

Borz, drop me an email. I might enlist your help, this is getting out of hand.

Thanks everyone who offered to help pay, but as someone mentioned it's free software.

JD

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:

Thanks everyone who offered to help pay, but as someone mentioned it's free software.

JD
JD, I think that is the point that some of us are trying to make, using free software makes us targets for these spammers. Maybe it is time to start paying for software and not have to deal with the spam traffic. It was pretty ugly yesterday with this spammer, 373 posts in a matter of minutes (frikkin bots) and the board crashed out quick.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
It's just this version of the software, not the fact that it's free. It just needs CAPTCHA or something like that to keep the robots out.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the project section has all n/a replying to all the posts spam spam spam eggs and spam!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Dont taize me BRO...dont Taize me!!!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vintage racing section is now back to normal. Gonna work on the modern race section later today...

make me a moderator in more sections and I'll clean those up too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts