1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got one,
£900,
1978 MK1 DT175mx, just like the one i had when i was 18,
this is a 2 owner bike (father & son), 6000 genuine miles, still has unused original toolkit, all original parts plus period front fender extender..
its done 234 miles since 1985!
been stood many years.,still has 30 year old mud on it!
i got it home, had a fiddle, started 2nd kick, runs superb :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tony you sure no how to hunt a deal. That is a way cleaner bike than I could buy here in Cali for a lot less.

Good find,
Billy

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took me a while to find the right bike tho..
i gave her a damn good jetwash and she looks loads better..
also ive oredered some side panel decals..

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what a douche [B)]

i noticed a seepage of oil comin out of the bottom of the fork gators, so i got some new fork seals, just pulled front end apart to fit the new seals only to find it wasnt fork oil leakage, it was a result of powerwashing the bike yesterday, it had thinned down the original packing grease that sits under the fork caps near the seals , i cleaned the grease out and pumped the forks, no leaks , so a waisted effort

going for mot soon :)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

well what a douche [B)]

i noticed a seepage of oil comin out of the bottom of the fork gators, so i got some new fork seals, just pulled front end apart to fit the new seals only to find it wasnt fork oil leakage, it was a result of powerwashing the bike yesterday, it had thinned down the original packing grease that sits under the fork caps near the seals , i cleaned the grease out and pumped the forks, no leaks , so a waisted effort

going for mot soon :)
just goes to show ya; no matter how much experience you have, no matter how many times you've done any particular whatever, everyone, inevitably, does some bone head shit every once in a while ;)

(some just more than others...)

nice find, t!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
It is so pretty, really a shame whenyou bust its head open on some rocks offroadiing. A bike among worthy of wearing knobbies if it doesn't at least have a zip tie and some duct tape holding it together.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
You aren't using it right - you need to be jumping tabletops and doing donuts in an open muddy field. Maybe backing it a corner on a horse track wearing a 3/4 helmet and some cattle gloves while the said owners of the horse track chase after you for spooking the horses....

.....man I have lived a weird life.....

·
Registered
830 Posts
Speaking of doing stupid shit...have you ever walked around looking for a wrench or socket that was in your hand the whole time? Or, forget to block up the front end of your bike so you can change fork seals and remember that fact in the last quarter turn of the ratchet on the SECOND fork cap being removed? Or, putting the piston of your two-stroke racebike in backwards? Those facing-forward hand-carved skirt windows allow just enough horrible combustion events to take place that you'll think everything is wrong BUT the top-end job you did in the parking lot at 10pm the night before. How about not gluing the grips to the bar, thinking they won't go anywhere 'cause they're soooo tacky, but the first time you enter a turn you end up falling off the inside of the bike?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts