Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finishing some of my guitar projects that have not been completed. First one is my Flying V guitar I built. Actually I built the body and robbed my Ibanez of it's parts. Right now it's at the shop where they are completing the wiring for me and installing some vintage looking control knobs.

And here is my second build. It's a Telecaster style guitar kit from Grizzly.

And here is the guy that inspired me to build my Telecaster:
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A2KLqIHrWv5ORFAAxTb7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBrOTlpOGs3BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZANWMTE2?p=hot+chicken+pickin&fr=yfp-t-701&ei=utf-8&n=21&tnr=20
Then goto Johnny Hiland Chicken Pickin.

If you wait through the intro, it's well worth it. If you have a chance, look for his bio (Johnny Hiland). He's got quite an amazing story.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when my wife gets mad at me, I finish things that need to be finished- like my guitars, and now this:

Made from solid quarter sawn red oak, faux black leather.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when my wife gets mad at me, I finish things that need to be finished- like my guitars, and now this:

Made from solid quarter sawn red oak, faux black leather.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OC Steve,
It certainly is a guys chair. Solid as hell, and has very limited amount of screws for assembly. (All true mortise and tenon joinery.) I made the stain from a recipe that my friend gave me. After some time drying (month or so), I hand rubbed beeswax on it. I didn't want a polyurethane shiny finish because I wanted the feeling of an old chair. It has that cigar room look and feel. Very comfortable and proportioned to fit me right. Have seen similar chairs (with much more detail mind you) going for more than $2000 in the swanky part of town (Birmingham, Michigan). Cost to make was hardly anything, but the upholstery set me back a little and the lady that did it did a fantastic job. I'm really happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OC Steve,
It certainly is a guys chair. Solid as hell, and has very limited amount of screws for assembly. (All true mortise and tenon joinery.) I made the stain from a recipe that my friend gave me. After some time drying (month or so), I hand rubbed beeswax on it. I didn't want a polyurethane shiny finish because I wanted the feeling of an old chair. It has that cigar room look and feel. Very comfortable and proportioned to fit me right. Have seen similar chairs (with much more detail mind you) going for more than $2000 in the swanky part of town (Birmingham, Michigan). Cost to make was hardly anything, but the upholstery set me back a little and the lady that did it did a fantastic job. I'm really happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the wife and I have made up-stupid shit, you know how it goes. But she still wants me to finish a few more things. I'm the master of almost getting stuff done:)
Here's the latest:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the wife and I have made up-stupid shit, you know how it goes. But she still wants me to finish a few more things. I'm the master of almost getting stuff done:)
Here's the latest:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts