1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Oh and those trials tires suck to ride on. The wrenchmonkees put them on everything they aren't using firestones on but on pavement they push and in the muck the Beemer is too heavy for them.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Oh and those trials tires suck to ride on. The wrenchmonkees put them on everything they aren't using firestones on but on pavement they push and in the muck the Beemer is too heavy for them.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Texy,
Geeto just wants to bitch, so that means clicking the link and reading the info wouldn't actually help. You know facts get in the way of giving opinion. But, he's right in that it does need a front fender cause that tire will sling some muck.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Texy,
Geeto just wants to bitch, so that means clicking the link and reading the info wouldn't actually help. You know facts get in the way of giving opinion. But, he's right in that it does need a front fender cause that tire will sling some muck.

Ken

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Just to be clear ken, I am right. Despite all your bitching about my bitching I am still right.

And you are right, I didn't read the link. I got eyes and expirence (not a lot but it counts). I was looking at those trials tires when I was looking for tires for the IH, they just don't have the weight raiting, it is why I went with twinduros - rated for GS BMWs and the 1000 pounds of shit they carry. Not an ideal tire for NYC but I wanted off road ability for Montauk beach fire roads.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Just to be clear ken, I am right. Despite all your bitching about my bitching I am still right.

And you are right, I didn't read the link. I got eyes and expirence (not a lot but it counts). I was looking at those trials tires when I was looking for tires for the IH, they just don't have the weight raiting, it is why I went with twinduros - rated for GS BMWs and the 1000 pounds of shit they carry. Not an ideal tire for NYC but I wanted off road ability for Montauk beach fire roads.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Oh for fucks sake. Please tell me what experience you have to critique this bike. A local shop fixed up a sportster for you and another put some dirt bike tires on it. Suddenly you are ready to race baja? I can only only take so much. Reading shit on the Internet and being able to recite chapter and verse is not the same as doing it in real life.

I would ride the shit out of that Beemer...

Ps. I spent part of the day actually working on a motorcycle

·
Registered
309 Posts
Oh for fucks sake. Please tell me what experience you have to critique this bike. A local shop fixed up a sportster for you and another put some dirt bike tires on it. Suddenly you are ready to race baja? I can only only take so much. Reading shit on the Internet and being able to recite chapter and verse is not the same as doing it in real life.

I would ride the shit out of that Beemer...

Ps. I spent part of the day actually working on a motorcycle

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Geets,
Doesn't make you right, just makes you, you. An Ironhead Sportster would also have been a good choice for this application, too. Except for the weight. It would need a front fender, too. Would be a good choice for me out here since the nearest pavement other than the 7000 ft runway is 250 miles away in Fairbanks.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Geets,
Doesn't make you right, just makes you, you. An Ironhead Sportster would also have been a good choice for this application, too. Except for the weight. It would need a front fender, too. Would be a good choice for me out here since the nearest pavement other than the 7000 ft runway is 250 miles away in Fairbanks.

Ken

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
If it's going to Africa, should have looked at the Paris-Daker winners BMW made in the 80's
http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-paris-dakar
BTW, Geets is right about trials tyres, they deliberately have soft sidewalls to give bigger footprint at low pressure.
Even cheap DOT legal ones (from Taiwan/Korea?) are more flexible than street tyres of same rating

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
If it's going to Africa, should have looked at the Paris-Daker winners BMW made in the 80's
http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-paris-dakar
BTW, Geets is right about trials tyres, they deliberately have soft sidewalls to give bigger footprint at low pressure.
Even cheap DOT legal ones (from Taiwan/Korea?) are more flexible than street tyres of same rating

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
went for a off road riding training day once. One of the peeps had a trials tire on his KTM and despite it being more of a technical training day the knobs peeled off really badly in one day.

The lack of bottom protection, front or rear (inner) fender etc. Makes me wonder what the use could be. Rearsets? I dunno.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts