Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
it would be better if it was flat black or painted like an british WW2 fighter marking

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
it would be better if it was flat black or painted like an british WW2 fighter marking

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Just cuz the owner is in Africa doesn't give him any more or less credibility. The bike is a fashion accessory, the guy could have bought the stone ax that is a KLR and been done with it. But no, he had to have an airhead Beemer and a "wrenchmonkees" built bike to boot. It will look great parked in front of whatever Casablanca-esque (the movie not the city) cafe he parks it in front of. It will probably see less off road than my sportster will and certainly less than my cr125 did, and if go help it it does you can bet the owner will fashion a front fender for it real quick probably out of the first piece of cardboard he finds just to get him home.
That is certainly a lot of speculation based on absolutely no information whatsoever. Do you know what part of the country he lives in to categorically state how much dirt it will see in comparison to any other bikes that you own or owned? Apples and oranges! Cardboard front fender? Possibly banana leaf. And you have surmised that it is a fashion statement to be parked in front of a cafe based on what information?
While your rant has a certain flow about it and does sound eloquent, it actually is nothing more than blow hard opinion based on a reality swimming around in your head that may or may not partially match the reality of the owner, who is the one that will be using the bike. Perhaps you should bend your omniscience to telling us what the best bike and set-up would be for me to use for my needs here.

Your pal,
Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Just cuz the owner is in Africa doesn't give him any more or less credibility. The bike is a fashion accessory, the guy could have bought the stone ax that is a KLR and been done with it. But no, he had to have an airhead Beemer and a "wrenchmonkees" built bike to boot. It will look great parked in front of whatever Casablanca-esque (the movie not the city) cafe he parks it in front of. It will probably see less off road than my sportster will and certainly less than my cr125 did, and if go help it it does you can bet the owner will fashion a front fender for it real quick probably out of the first piece of cardboard he finds just to get him home.
That is certainly a lot of speculation based on absolutely no information whatsoever. Do you know what part of the country he lives in to categorically state how much dirt it will see in comparison to any other bikes that you own or owned? Apples and oranges! Cardboard front fender? Possibly banana leaf. And you have surmised that it is a fashion statement to be parked in front of a cafe based on what information?
While your rant has a certain flow about it and does sound eloquent, it actually is nothing more than blow hard opinion based on a reality swimming around in your head that may or may not partially match the reality of the owner, who is the one that will be using the bike. Perhaps you should bend your omniscience to telling us what the best bike and set-up would be for me to use for my needs here.

Your pal,
Ken

·
Registered
424 Posts
Other than that thing being old, that's what you need down there. Not that exact stool, yet something old that one can fix with stones and fire.
Friend of ours had a problem with his BMW GS 1100 in Morocco a few years back. The Beemer souk in Marakech fucked both injection an catalic converter up. Big time. Turns out it was a cable on the fuel pump. And that in a country 10x more developed than Mauretania. There you need a Land Cruiser and AK 47's, not a fashion moped.
I've been in Morocco many times...never seen a real motorcycle there. Other than tourists of course.

Sallam,

Chris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Other than that thing being old, that's what you need down there. Not that exact stool, yet something old that one can fix with stones and fire.
Friend of ours had a problem with his BMW GS 1100 in Morocco a few years back. The Beemer souk in Marakech fucked both injection an catalic converter up. Big time. Turns out it was a cable on the fuel pump. And that in a country 10x more developed than Mauretania. There you need a Land Cruiser and AK 47's, not a fashion moped.
I've been in Morocco many times...never seen a real motorcycle there. Other than tourists of course.

Sallam,

Chris

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

Your pal,
Ken
actually there are a lot of people who ride through wherever the fuck this guy is from in africa as searching for it and motorcycles in google pulls up at least half a dozen advrider threads about it. Actually I found out if you have a KLR you can get it fixed in Nouakchott since there is a kawasaki dealer there.

if you want advice about your needs ken, why not start your own thread and we can all weigh in after you tell us what your environment is like. I am guessing Alaska is nothing like a desert town in Africa.

I don't think bananas grow in Mauritania.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

Your pal,
Ken
actually there are a lot of people who ride through wherever the fuck this guy is from in africa as searching for it and motorcycles in google pulls up at least half a dozen advrider threads about it. Actually I found out if you have a KLR you can get it fixed in Nouakchott since there is a kawasaki dealer there.

if you want advice about your needs ken, why not start your own thread and we can all weigh in after you tell us what your environment is like. I am guessing Alaska is nothing like a desert town in Africa.

I don't think bananas grow in Mauritania.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts