Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finished the bike, and here are some pictures. click for a large, detailed view.

This is a good example of a classic cafe racer.

I especially like this old clock. These old gauges with the speedometer and tachometer all-in-one are really hard to find. When I found this one I had to snatch it up.

Front dual leading-shoe drum brakes are cool. I had this one internally upgraded, and now the stopping power is about 10 times better than when new.

I found this old jacket that was once owned by a racer back in the 1950's. It was his race leathers, and they just don't make them like this anymore; black, thick and full of authentic character. I bought it thinking I could restore it, but it was too far gone to make a good jacket, so I stashed it for a rainy day. Well, I was able to use that old racer's jacket to upholster the seat. It came out beautifully. It has all that real patina from the old leathers, it even smells like nice old leather, plus all that racer MOJO.

I sewed up this cool little Japanese flag out of red and white leather, and hid it there in the seat. I like cool hidden little details like that.

HERE

Edited by - fang on Dec 16 2007 6:29:08 PM

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
fangman
now that's one fine job you've done. totally in the spirit of how i think of a cafe rig. not over done but good finish over all. leather jacket a nice touch. a couple of years/half decade of road use will even out the patina and make it even nicer still. let us know how the ride is when the weather breaks. well done.
-parks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
fangman
now that's one fine job you've done. totally in the spirit of how i think of a cafe rig. not over done but good finish over all. leather jacket a nice touch. a couple of years/half decade of road use will even out the patina and make it even nicer still. let us know how the ride is when the weather breaks. well done.
-parks

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, nice ideas and nice execution. Definitely captures the essence of the genre too. Ride with pride!

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, nice ideas and nice execution. Definitely captures the essence of the genre too. Ride with pride!

FR

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Fang, The rear 3/4 shot is killer. "This is a good example of a classic cafe racer."......is kinda like saying it snowed today. She's a keeper, great job. bcr

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Fang, The rear 3/4 shot is killer. "This is a good example of a classic cafe racer."......is kinda like saying it snowed today. She's a keeper, great job. bcr

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I just checked the "for sale" forum....... gotta hurt to let this one go.
Good luck with the auction. bcr

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I just checked the "for sale" forum....... gotta hurt to let this one go.
Good luck with the auction. bcr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts