Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had enough of working on the house, had enough of work full stop.So bought myself some more work, In the shape of a complete honda72 cb450.
Not to many down this way.So I mostly look to the states for parts You guys got it goood!Plenty stuff around for the cb's over there.Just as well' as the rattle I thought was a cam chain turned out to be the small end on both rods and also the left big end was sloppy.A used Crank and new pistons from ebay solved that problem.
While I was looking I came across some caf'ed 450's and Suddenly the
stock bike just wasn't Gonna do.The fist thing to go was the seat brackets and lock,then I mocked up a new seat out of styrene to get the look and lines to fit,and I've just finnished shaping the seat pan and cowling from 2mm ali, lota hammering there! The neigbours are loving that ping ping ping at 10 pm. Just the final smooth off, cap the ends,and polish a la natural.Looking for a cats eye l.e.d. for the rear and will try the upholstering my self.
Some of Champs clipons will look good on there and And Im hoping he'll email me soon,(Hi Champ, if your looking). Ive got a set of cx 400 pegs and brackets which im looking at fitting rearset style as they have the brake pedal attached to the bracket. working on how to get the pipes them past with out fouling on any thing. Thanks for looking. steve.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow man, Nice job on the seatpan. Can't imagine what amount of hammering that took. Where did you learn to do that kind of work?

keep us posted on your progress!

PS: also, the forum software is kind of picky, so for your img tags, keep them lower case, and make sure there are no carriage returns between the and the URL:

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
cool bike.
champ takes almost as long as tex to email you back
i have a set of champs clip ons they are VERY nice

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very nice progress on that seat pan. I think that seat will look very cool when you get it done.

I have a Tiny Hodaka Ace 100 and had to fashion my own seat pan for it to look right(not too big/bulky). My pan fits my bike like a glove but it's a lot of extra work compared to a seat already made for the bike like many CB750s seats are.

Edited by - coolatula on Dec 28 2007 2:14:24 PM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments people.Looks like those cx pegs will work ok, the peg brackets top mount hole will line up with rear engine mount bolt that goes through from out side to outside of frame, i'll mod that bolt some how leaving me just the lower one to make a frame mount for. Ive got to rebend the headers slightly and shorten them 50mm or so to sweep up under the lower mount, so could be a while getting a report back. Ive got a engineering trade background, Shortshift,so the knowledge is there I just usually end up doing that sort of stuff for other people and dont get to enjoy it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts