Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to build my first cafe racer. I have been looking for a while now... lets say three or four years. Only recently have gotten serious. I was looking for a 70's cb750 but I found a guy selling a orange 74 cb360. I havent seen it yet, he says its in perfect riding condition no dents in the tank and what not, just hasn't been restored. So I need all the advice I can get on buying this bike and where to find out on what I can do to this bike. I know what I want function then form of the bike. I know what I want the bike to look like. I just have know clue what parts I can use(front forks). Thank you all reading. Later[8]

·
Registered
10,492 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Good Luck. But FIRST THING, even before you buy a bike, go out and buy a high quality full face helmet. Don't get on a bike without wearing it. I have know guys killed in parking lots at low speeds. With that beautiful new baby girl you will want to be around to watch her grow up.

I personally prefer the 350/360 over the 750 but that is because I am mechanicly challenged and two carbs/clyinders are much easier to deal with than four. They go fine on the flats, and I don't recall any hills in Mississippi.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Good Luck. But FIRST THING, even before you buy a bike, go out and buy a high quality full face helmet. Don't get on a bike without wearing it. I have know guys killed in parking lots at low speeds. With that beautiful new baby girl you will want to be around to watch her grow up.

I personally prefer the 350/360 over the 750 but that is because I am mechanicly challenged and two carbs/clyinders are much easier to deal with than four. They go fine on the flats, and I don't recall any hills in Mississippi.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

+1

Then come back with actual questions.

the 360 and 750 are just such very different bikes....how did you go from one to the other and dont give some BS story about how thats all you can find......it says honds therefor its not rare...
No I've been looking for awhile like I said. I've only recently decided on Honda. I have found some 750s for outraigous prices in Louisana. I found a 81, then it was sold the nex day then one guy dicided not to sale his. Then in Alabama I found one closer, but this 360 is right down the street. I haven't bought it yet.

Jack a lot people say that about Mississippi but I don't know what parts they/you travel maybe the delta. No we don't have moutains but you can't say its flat here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the link
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

+1

Then come back with actual questions.

the 360 and 750 are just such very different bikes....how did you go from one to the other and dont give some BS story about how thats all you can find......it says honds therefor its not rare...
No I've been looking for awhile like I said. I've only recently decided on Honda. I have found some 750s for outraigous prices in Louisana. I found a 81, then it was sold the nex day then one guy dicided not to sale his. Then in Alabama I found one closer, but this 360 is right down the street. I haven't bought it yet.

Jack a lot people say that about Mississippi but I don't know what parts they/you travel maybe the delta. No we don't have moutains but you can't say its flat here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts