Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here. Just started riding and getting into bike, my favorite and only preferred atheistic is the cafe/scrambler or whatever ya wanna call it minimalist bikes and I just picked up this cb550 with a Corbin seat and other than the obvious seat replacement and clubman bars etc I included a picture of one of my favorite cb550 cafes to get some advice on obtaining this look (not looking to copy it really mostly stick with the structure and change the colors etc) and I don't want to mess anything mechanically and just looking for what mods to do to basically especially if you have experience with this specific platform.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
That "inspiration" is a complete pile of shit.
go play dress up someplace else.
this site isn't about that junk, but you failed to do any research or reading here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So taste is not subjective? Dress up? does this forum only apply to those with a particular taste in asthetic? Imo that bike you posted looks like overdone to shit, I like minimalism while keeping the original design to the bike as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
So taste is not subjective? Dress up? does this forum only apply to those with a particular taste in asthetic? Imo that bike you posted looks like overdone to shit, I like minimalism while keeping the original design to the bike as much as possible.
Hold on. I need to go open a beer and pop a bag of Orville's...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Your assumption is that the primary problem with your inspiration is the aesthetics. You assumption is wrong. It's the function of that bike that is absolutely ruined by the builder that chased an aesthetic that is the issue. Go to the new members section and read the sticky. You can ascertain what we hold dear to vintage performance bikes. This forum appreciates functional improvement over a look.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If you can't see how what you want to copy is a pile of shit compared to what was shown you then you need to go stick a soldering iron in your eye...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I bought a bike and I cannot make the conscious choice to choose looks over performance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Specifically said I don't want to copy, I just liked the platform. Besides the front fender being completely removed instead of shortened

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You can do what ever the hell you want, but don't expect to bring it in a room that sees that as a downgrade, and expect to be complimented. It'd be like going to a Tea Party conference and saying, "Isn't that Obama guy just great!"

Reactions: Old Nail

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Do you actually want to be able to ride the bike you end up with? I can name a half dozen things that make that bike worthless as a rider without even flipping back to see it again... Should I? Or will it go in one ear and out the other because you are dead set on achieving a look? Which...isn't even a good look compared to some of the other douche hipster shit out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ugly motorbikes and seaweed and gravel as well as brother Moto are all shops with this same style and I just happened to really like it, don't be an elitist asshole

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Ok but only because you asked...

1: worthless tires for road riding, not even legal in a lot of states
2: no front or inner fender, throwing crap all over you and your shitty little pods
3: pod filter
4: terrible ergonomics with the seat, handlebar, and peg locations
5: looked lowered a it so don't hit a bump....could should be the shitty tires though
6: header wrap...just stupid and will rust the shit out of your pipes

think all of these are perfectly acceptable in anything but a drag queen? Then this isn't the place for you.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Dude...brother Moto has a grooming section....fuck off if that's what you think cafe racers and riding In general I s all about.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts