Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
ill put these pics here,.maybe get some ideas for some performance mods, simple stuff like a fender, braided brake lines, rear shocks, body work, exhaust., rear sets, etcc i believe the one bike(119) is Kens' who is a member here.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That orange paint job is awesome

One thing to note, is those bikes have aftermarket carburetors, so an airbox isn't necessary... AND are track bikes, so air filters aren't necessary.

On your bike, glad you kept the Superbike bars. They make the bike much easier to ride

·
Registered
1982 Yamaha xj550
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks appreciate it. Tried to find a home at XJBikes but they we're assholes and shit on my bike cause it was stock. I love how mine and i think i did well for my first time ever owning or building.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome these ard good little bikes.

A front mudgaurd is needed on your steed as it will substantially improve the rigidity and therefore performance of your forks. As well as stopping crap flinging everywhere it will also make the front look complete in my opinion.

In terms of performance, how does the bike run with the shorty mufflers and panel filters fitted?

If you like how it looks without the mudgaurd Tarozzi do a fork brace for your model that will stiffen it up nicely.

How is your tyre clearance with the rear hoop, have you ever had contact?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts