Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Wow, old Ironhead Sportster. That is way vintage as I can't remember when the last time I saw an upright motorcycle side car set up. I noticed the Norton on the starting grid. This bike has the vintage Imperial primary cover, very rare though reproductions can be had now.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
hbarleys might not really be the best type of frame to do this. Harley Bags. Harley Saddlebags, Saddlebags for Harley Davidson Motorcycle
Looking at the Evo.. I'm pretty sure it's better off as is with saddlebags and lots of chrome. It's not really the idea cr, its better for the harley guys who like to ride around tough with their patches in the bags LOL
Trying to fix it all up might not be the best idea to do with the engine and transmission. Theres so many better options available out there. Even if the project bike is free, might be wiser to keep it as is..
Ya lost me there, I'm pretty sure the OP has an old engine and some bits to work with, not a complete hog in search of superfluous luggage.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
First time going on a forum asking for help and what do I get...names like gullible etc, 16 year old "because I'm getting an engine for free" that you guys have no clue about the story behind it or matter of fact what is your business in it and giving me a speech about life, and off course knocking down and criticizing the idea just because I want my straight lines and looks good in my eyes. Even though I scraped the idea back on page 3 everyone is still at it. If the custom bike is not visually pleasing to its owner then what is the point of it all. I appreciate the help from some of you but then that same person will throw a smart ass comment. I think you guys just love to feed your ego at picking on newbies. I don't think I'm being over sensative... just sharing my thoughts.
I reckon you got off pretty lightly - in real life if you went into a custom Harley shop and told them you wanted to make a cafe racer from an Evo motor someone probably would have punched you in the face.

Anyway, this is the internet and you've got many pages of free advice. You got more value than what you paid for.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I reckon you got off pretty lightly - in real life if you went into a custom Harley shop and told them you wanted to make a cafe racer from an Evo motor someone probably would have punched you in the face.

Anyway, this is the internet and you've got many pages of free advice. You got more value than what you paid for.

Hillsy, this is 'merica, and 'mericans love a good sucker. They would welcome him with open arms, ask him for a blank check, and build him a Santiago chopper big twin cafer racer....for $30k. To a chopper builder it's all just differently shaped choppers to them so details like handling and road manners matter not. as long as it looked like you could use it as bait to lure a boy prostitute over in the parking lot of the ACE cafe in 1965 they would consider it mission accomplished.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts