Cafe Racer Forum banner

fix me please

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
for all our sakes.

jc

#3 ·
hey JD...are you still in VT if so want to go on a ride this saturday afternoon....i think there will be some sport bikes and me on my little cb350f...i'll be in the back of the pack running sweep, i personally like going well over 100 mph for too long....wait i can't on my "little geisha"....

Ride Fast and Take Chances
www.meistercycles.com

#9 ·
well they're for my 350... i would love the foot pegs and controls and the kicker cause i think the foot pegs being rear set slightly would affect the kicker, yes it's got a start button i just love the work my leg over sometimes....why you got parts for me? email me with a price and i will send out a check or money order....mahalo

Ride Fast and Take Chances
www.meistercycles.com

#11 ·
jb, what kinda tractor. ive spent the last week on the kubota and a john deere with 164 farm loader. ive seen alot of the new hollands around. dont know about parts though. jd is nice because the parts are easy to get. im actually having a problem with the bucket on the one ive been using. all the hydros actually. power steering too. if the hydro filter is dirty, ive heard it will do this. sounds right. true??? ive been hauing around a 120" woods mower deck on it. pretty fun.

me

#13 ·
JC,
I'm looking for something along the lines of a Kubota B or L series...25-30hp, or New Holland 1220-1320..not sure what they call them now. Not picky about brand as long as it's mainstream. I'm looking for one with backhoe and loader installed. In the $10-15k price range..... so kinda of small of course. Need a bucket that will handle about 1000 lbs and a small backhoe, 4wd of course.
JohnnyB

#15 ·
the small tractor at the shop is a b2510.(??) 30hp. the kubota stuff sucks. the metal is like a cross between silly putty and 400 year old bone. if you buy a kubota, make sure you have a good parts distriubter nearby. even the parts explosions in the dealer books have wrong numbers in them we've discovered. and the metal just fatigues when you weld it. ive had parts welded up by my welder guy and they fatigue and break at the welds. same thing with the old guy who used to run it. and the factory welds on the the rig have cracks near them too im discovering. it does start and run nicely, so far, but ive had alot of problems using the finishing deck on it. you wont be doing that, so maybe its a different story. and ours is 2wd.

let me know what you get.

i'll shoot pics of the stuff out at the shelter this week.

me

#16 ·
JC,
Funny that you mention the metal. I've never heard that complaint from people....however I have heard from a lot of Kubota owners in casual converation...oh I bent this, I bent that. So you might be right about the metal.

If I can afford one I'll get a JD or New Holland. I've had a Ford/NH 1100 before...little thing, about 1300 lbs. Nice little tractor.
JohnnyB

#17 ·
right now im waiting for a front linkage for the mower deck and the clevis', a new rear guage wheel, (listed wrong # in the book, took a day to get the correct number), and just had the caster arm for the front wheel rebent for the deck. i know the rear link has had stress breaks in it, and there is new one on standby at the shop because it too was welded and is cracking again. i had the front link rewelded, and a new piece of bar put in, and it did not break, but the bracket that holds the bar cracked below the weld. part of the linkage. i showed it to my welder guy and he asked what i expected from cheap metalurgy. (could just be a cover for poor welding) otherwise it runs nice, and its fast, which i think contributes to the fatct that shit gets bent on it alot. its easy to start mowing at about 20mph. hit a rock or stump at that speed and youre going to bend shit.

right now, the jd has a hydrolic issue. i think the filter is dirty, it only wants to lift the bucket or mower deck if the revs are over about 1500. and the power steering fades in and out, not fun when youre mowing on slow on a hill or near trees and such. and shifting it into L1 is just too slow.

anyway, blah blah. i'll get pics monday.

me

#18 ·
oh, and the wheel, the insert where the axle skewers, it broke free from the rest of the wheel, it fell off while i was mowing and i managed to find it. but it was pretty much destroyed. i bodged it back together, but it just opened up so big the wheel was useless.

jc

#19 ·
I've had a couple of people ask me to bend back and reinforce the 3 point links on their Kubota.
Hey...tell the welder...even on cheap metal the metal should bend before weld breaks :) ...unless he's using really cheap welding rod. Going out on Sunday to look at New Holland, some more Kubotas and some Kioti's.
JohnnyB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.