Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitting a bubble fairing to my Guzzi V7 , need to fit my head light to the neck any ideas for brackets .

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Really depends on your fairing. Ideally you would fix it to the fairing, or incorporate it into the fairing mounting bracket. Without pictures of what you’re dealing with, it would be extremely hard to make suggestions

Reactions: woodsman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really depends on your fairing. Ideally you would fix it to the fairing, or incorporate it into the fairing mounting bracket. Without pictures of what you’re dealing with, it would be extremely hard to make suggestions

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Fitting a bubble fairing to my Guzzi V7 , need to fit my head light to the neck any ideas for brackets .
What I did on a TZ fairing was, use a tupperwear bowl as a form to set fibreglass around the headlamp once it was in the right position. it was super easy once i found the right size bowl to disappear from the kitchen drawer.

edit: Oh wait, sorry you want a bubble, mine was Frenched

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I did on a TZ fairing was, use a tupperwear bowl as a form to set fibreglass around the headlamp once it was in the right position. it was super easy once i found the right size bowl to disappear from the kitchen drawer.

edit: Oh wait, sorry you want a bubble, mine was Frenched
At the moment I am looking for bracketry from the light to the neck before I start with the fairing. Sorry I'm new at this I need as much help as I can get. Normally I'm looking round bike shows and auto jumble for my ideas but currently it's not happening.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
It's pretty hard to figure out what you need when you really haven't provided any information or even a picture. There are too many possible combinations of fairings and lights. I also doubt that there are many that can picture how the guage cluster mounts and such will affect the brackets needed.

Pictures of the bike, fairing and light would be a start.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Any time you are fitting custom bodywork, (or for that matter any item not intended for your bike) you will be fabricating various pieces. Fabricating is a MAJOR part of this hobby. There just isn't a lot of bolt-on solutions in the vintage motorcycle world

·
Registered
838 Posts
my monster had a clamp around initially.

and for the next use of that on another frame i welded a mount to the front of the steering head.

how about drilling some holes in the front of the steering head and welding some shallow head screws in from behind? as long as they clear the lower triple stem i've often thought that'd be a fairly inobtrusive of doing it. or just put a nut on the front and no weld. the clamp around is just a messy pita imo.

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
At the moment I am looking for bracketry from the light to the neck before I start with the fairing. Sorry I'm new at this I need as much help as I can get. Normally I'm looking round bike shows and auto jumble for my ideas but currently it's not happening.
Preston Petty use to sell an aluminum flat bar stock that was malleable until you heat it, that's what I used. You machine and bend or twist the metal to shape and then heat it in an ordinary oven and the material becomes more resistant to bending afterwards. ... and it's light weight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Preston Petty use to sell an aluminum flat bar stock that was malleable until you heat it, that's what I used. You machine and bend or twist the metal to shape and then heat it in an ordinary oven and the material becomes more resistant to bending afterwards. ... and it's light weight.
Thanks may be helpful

·
Registered
277 Posts
The fairing in your pic would normally be fitted with the Lucas car type headlight bowl in either 5.75" or 7" diameter c/w lens and chrome trim ring, this is bolted directly to the fairing .... so there is normally no direct connection between headlight and frame....this sort of thing....

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
i'm putting on the same fairing. Airtech has a universal mount that works great. need to figure out the mounting for it, as they only send you a U - bolt that's supposed to fit around the rear of the neck. adjustable, so you can move your fairing in or out, and the slots for the headlight allows for perfect fit to the fairing. i'm very happy with mine,
Side View w-Fairing.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts