Cafe Racer Forum banner

Flaming Folders N Violent Fems

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
2008 upgrade ....place looks good, a fresh coat of paint on the walls and floors.NICE JOB !

This should help with the high cost of gas.A nice super fast engineless bike.

#4 ·
he did something almost 100 mph on a regular mountain bike at the same hill. i think hes done something like 150 on a ski slope. i just watched some stupid show about that guy. his bikes are pretty cool

jc

#7 ·
looks to me it snapped befor the steering bearing head.looking at is in slow mo look slike his forks compressed to many times bottoming out more then a few times and over loaded the frame.I think he needs a thicker frame and up graded shocks for fuji

#8 ·
if you look at it in slow-mo the forks compress all the way and then the bike hits another bump which flexes the frame all the way to the point of breaking. The entire front end comes off as one piece so either the tree failed at the stem or the frame failed. You can see he is still holding the handlebars which are attached to the forks which indicate that the top tree is intact, which means most likely the frame failed behind the neck and ripped the neck from the frame.

I think those paras are a prime example of why you shouldn't get injured in foreign countries.

#11 ·
hes french, first of all. the frame failed. it was near the bottom of the run and the suspension had compressed from the down force of making the flat, think of the bowl at louden, then the frame snapped. thats what broke it. there were no medics, no helicopter, no ambulance. the nearest hospital was 2 hours away by car. they drove him there. he lived but never did it again. his most serious injuries were severely broken ribs. the aero in the suit was made from lead. thats why his body was being thrown around so violently. i think he still holds quite a few world records. they claim the snow has almost zero resistance and they can groom it almost perectly flat. thats why they like to do it on snow. its still pretty insane.

i did 52 down a hill on my bianchi mountain bike once. i was passing cars. it was one of the coolest things ive ever done and lived to tell about it. but it was about one of the most scary things ive ever done. i was wearing jeans and a tshirt. after that, id look at big long hills and wonder how fast i could get going. withut even thinking about the consequences.

jc

#13 ·
I think it is kinda cool racing a bike downhill. However he looks like he is using a regular mountain bike, which personally I think is ill equipped to handle the speed and impacts. I betcha one of ROSKO's heavy duty downhill welded frames would have held that shit. Not withstanding, this clip illustrates something motorcyclists have to be wary of - Fork Hyrdaulic lock. At the speeds he was going and the less than stellar stiffness of the suspension the fork basically got to the point where the bumps were so great and in such frequency that the forks no longer had time to compress or rebound, essentially making them rigid. If you think this can't happen on a motorcycle, take a bone stock cb750 and run over a rumble strip at 100 mph - it will happen and provided you don't crash will probably loosen any stool you may have lodged in your intestine.

#15 ·
he did something like 110 on the same hill on a practice run with an out of the box moutainbike that same day! it was the first run when they showed like 163kph. it broke the world record. then he got on that bike, which he built and ran it. the bikes are gorgeous. unlike anything else out there. carbon fibre and ti frames. like a perimeter motorcycle frame but one big spar. rosko probably has pics of it. its pretty cool looking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.