3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
> June 29-30—VMC Racing Frames dirt track series
> SDR Raceway
> Harpursville, N.Y.
>
> Pre-entry deadline: June 15
>
> This year's two-day event marks the first-annual Larry Weiss Memorial doubleheader. The fast quarter-mile oval, located about 15 miles east of Binghamton, N.Y., is known for great racing. Gary Nixon ('67-68 Grand National Champion) and David Aldana ('70 AMA Rookie of the Year) are both set to race each day. If you miss this one, you'll miss alot!
>
> Other special highlights include:
>
> * The Spanish Short Track Attack - open to all 250cc Spanish machines
> * The Larry Weiss Trophy presentation
> * Bike Show and Swap meet
> * T-shirt toss and Metro trophy girls
> * Live band Saturday night
>
>
>
> On Friday, 6/29/07, the gates open at 3:00PM. Sign-up is from 4:00PM to 6:00PM with practice to follow. Racing on Friday night will start at 7:30PM. On Saturday, the gates will open at 9:00AM. Sign-up will be from Noon to 2:30PM with racing to start at 4:00PM.
>
> Press Release
>
> Plan now to attend the AHRMA National Double Header at Square Deal Raceway June 29th & 30th.
>
> Metro Racing has gone all out for the first annual Larry Weiss Memorial race. Special guests; Two time Grand National Champion Gary Nixon and Dave Aldana are scheduled to show up. There will also be Metro trophy girls, an all brands bike show and swap meet, plus a lot more.
> Taking into consideration that SDR is right down the road a bit from Cemoto East and Ossa, we are adding a support class open to all Spanish made 250cc race bikes. This will the brawl to settle it all! Astro's, Montesa's, DMR's, ST1's what ever
> it takes. On both nights they will race 8 laps on the lightning fast ¼ mile. There is even rumor that Hugh is wrenching on an Astro now, for motorcycle racing legend Dave Aldana!
> Metro has also made arrangements for a very big magazine editor to try
> and tame Don's Astro in the Spanish class ( Nixon rode this bike in Timonium a while back and said it was the fastest Astro he has ever ridden).
>
> Stay tuned to www.metroracing.com or www.squaredealriders.com for more information
>
>
>

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
definately gonna take a pass on that one!

nixon, purshok, and weiss......it's like a barrell full of assholes!

tex

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
There's also an AHRMA vintage motocross event going on this weekend about 30 miles west of this event. An Epic weekend would be to go to the Flat track on Friday evening. Saturday to the Motocross. Saturday evening back to Flat track and then Sunday back to motocross. At least that's my plan for the weekend.

I can't wait to see the barrel full of assholes. Never seen one of those before.

Craig

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Rosko,

Thanks for posting this. I knew about it but couldn't find my notes for the date. It is only about 40 min from home so I plan on getting there for at least part of it.

Anybody else going?

Jack

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
There's also an AHRMA vintage motocross event going on this weekend about 30 miles west of this event. An Epic weekend would be to go to the Flat track on Friday evening. Saturday to the Motocross. Saturday evening back to Flat track and then Sunday back to motocross. At least that's my plan for the weekend.

I can't wait to see the barrel full of assholes. Never seen one of those before.

Craig
How about this weekend. Saturday Summit Point (WERA), Sunday Thompson(USCRA), Monday NHIS (USCRA). Lets make it happen!

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The track at Harpursville is worth a look as a spectator (or racer). It's a very fast cushion 1/4 mile track. They run the show well, races on time and they try to keep things moving along. I'd be there if I didn't have to work.
I'd love to be on the track in the '70s Vintage Singles with some of those guys. They know what they're doing, they know what everyone else is doing, they don't want to hurt anybody. Just have a good time, and win a race.
Metro Racing is the big sponsor, good company, cool stuff, and they support the sport. Buy a shirt from 'em, or get your wife/GF to buy one for you, or get one for her.

http://www.metroracing.com

FR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts