Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have just joined the forums and have also just recently purchased a 1977 Honda CB750K Four(I know it is a big bike for a new rider) as my first motor. I also am new to bikes but seem to be picking things up fairly quickly.

That being said I have a bit of a issue that I come to all of you with the hope that you may provide some needed guidance.
The issue that I am facing is that I hate the stock tank that the 750K has. This sucks because the tank I have is in perfect condition. But not having access or knowledge to a welder so that I may modify the current tank I was hoping that someone may tell me of a tank that they know would work well.
I don't think that I want to go with fiberglass. I am also not afraid to do some minor alterations to a stock tank.
The tanks that I have seen in my search so far that fit the look I'm going for are those from a mid 70's CB200, CB400 SS and a CB500t as well as other Suzuki or Kawasaki tanks.
I just don't know if any of these tanks will fit my bike.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Extra WOW!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HaHa Okay Okay that shitty picture is gone. It really is bad.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
its this gaylord,

Troll again?

Ok so you have a perfect tank? bet that would be worth something to a resto guy....or are you just another fuller?

What do you want?
you say that you dont have the skills/tools to do the work yourself....fine....i know i cant make a tank....
well that leaves paying someone that does....why is this hard? gota pay to play....

That shitty pic looks nothing like a Cb200 tank so i dont even understand what the hell you want...

No these bikes are not legos and you cant just "bolt on" another tank.
Mod or fab stuff.
Willing to bet that the bike needs something else more then some tank that has the "look" that you are going for

there are other places on the interwebs that will entertain this type of tom foolery....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ken. lol Yes I have put a lot of for thought into this already.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

its this gaylord,

Troll again?

Ok so you have a perfect tank? bet that would be worth something to a resto guy....or are you just another fuller?

What do you want?
you say that you dont have the skills/tools to do the work yourself....fine....i know i cant make a tank....
well that leaves paying someone that does....why is this hard? gota pay to play....

That shitty pic looks nothing like a Cb200 tank so i dont even understand what the hell you want...

No these bikes are not legos and you cant just "bolt on" another tank.
Mod or fab stuff.
Willing to bet that the bike needs something else more then some tank that has the "look" that you are going for

there are other places on the interwebs that will entertain this type of tom foolery....
No I'm no troll. I really do want learn and be able to do this. I'm just ignorant to it mostly. We all have to start somewhere bud.
I said I don't have a welder. I have plenty access to tools. But if I knew how to make my own tank then I guess I wouldn't have a need to come on the internet and ask a bunch of cynical ppl what to do...
Not looking for bolt on and I know this isn't childs play.
The bike runs perfectly.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Do what dude?

you have a pic of what you want and a tank....start hitting things with hammers!
find a youtube vid and within a few min you should be fine

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Booze ....stick it out. If you really want some info, with a start like this you are going to have to take some abuse first :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Booze,
I'll cut you some slack since you're in my biz. Do yourself a favor and search around for "new to the forum" threads and see how things work here. It's NOT a pretentious bunch of dicks, these are guys who know bikes. They aren't about the looks of a bike so much as they are about the way a bike performs. The best way I can articulate it is what I've read here a few times; something along the line of ...... do things to make the BIKE better in any and all ways and you'll end up with a great looking bike. So before you go trashing a perfectly good tank look for ways to make your bike ride better, run better, etc....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

Booze ....stick it out. If you really want some info, with a start like this you are going to have to take some abuse first :)

JohnnyB
haha yeah I made that mistake from the get go.
Sort of brought it upon myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Mickey356

I think I will take that new approach. Duly noted.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Boy it just be raining threads with teh AIDS this week. Is the new season of CRTV in full swing or something?

I just have to ask booze......why start with the tank? What logic drove you to say lemmie start with the tank?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts