Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Geeto for maybe getting my foot back in the door.....

Ok folks.... here is the deal....
I bought a basket case '70 H1 for $500. No papers, different tank, smoked center cylinder, etc.
I just finished rebuilding a KZ650 motor for a friend/family member that fried an FZR600 motor last year. I did all the work for free because he is relations.... but in exchange, I get his first born son and all the '94 FZR600 parts I could ever want.... so I took everything (except his first born... he pooped too much)!!!!
Swing arm, forks, wheels, clipons with controls, foot controls, etc.

So.... now for the modding.

Thanks Geeto... you are super smart!!!

· Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Geeto for maybe getting my foot back in the door.....

Ok folks.... here is the deal....
I bought a basket case '70 H1 for $500. No papers, different tank, smoked center cylinder, etc.
I just finished rebuilding a KZ650 motor for a friend/family member that fried an FZR600 motor last year. I did all the work for free because he is relations.... but in exchange, I get his first born son and all the '94 FZR600 parts I could ever want.... so I took everything (except his first born... he pooped too much)!!!!
Swing arm, forks, wheels, clipons with controls, foot controls, etc.

So.... now for the modding.

Thanks Geeto... you are super smart!!!

· Registered
29 Posts
You are VERY lucky to find an FZR400 in a junk yard! Those swingarms go for high dollar on fleabay.
The front end looks easy peasy. I can figure that out.
I will run this FZR600 swingarm and have Sprocket Specialties cut me an offset sprocket. I will make something work for a 160 tire.

Looks like you are using stock Kawi controls and switches. I am gonna wire up the FZR stuff to work.

My buddy just finished mocking up ZX636 suspension on a KZ1000.
Pretty trick setup he's got!!!!!

The Madmaxxy pad, now comes with a months supply of mytol.

· Registered
29 Posts
You are VERY lucky to find an FZR400 in a junk yard! Those swingarms go for high dollar on fleabay.
The front end looks easy peasy. I can figure that out.
I will run this FZR600 swingarm and have Sprocket Specialties cut me an offset sprocket. I will make something work for a 160 tire.

Looks like you are using stock Kawi controls and switches. I am gonna wire up the FZR stuff to work.

My buddy just finished mocking up ZX636 suspension on a KZ1000.
Pretty trick setup he's got!!!!!

The Madmaxxy pad, now comes with a months supply of mytol.

· Registered
29 Posts
Hey geeto, where can I find a site that does stuff like this all day long?
There are a LOT of people who do it on that triple site.... but is there a site JUST for "streetfighter" stuff.
Ya know....
Old style engine and frame with new style suspension?

I dragged the H1 home. It is COOOOOL!
I love the H1a's. They are beautiful. This one will have more tricks than a magician!!!!
I haven't even tried sliding the swingarm in the frame.... I am in the process of rebuilding a KZ650 and don't want parts everywhere.....
Maybe next week!

· Registered
29 Posts

The swingarm fit with no problems.
The front end will need some minor mods to get it to fit.

This rocks!!!!
Now all I need.... a motor and the rest of the parts from the previous owner!!!!

· Registered
29 Posts
Yes, it will be a monoshock.
I could cut out the FZR's shock mount.... but my buddy welded his own.
I think I will like the look better doing it that way.

as for a motor sprocket, I will either have Sprocket Specialties make me one, or have a machinest make me one.
The sprocket is the least of my worries.

Affording parts for a '70 H1... THAT is something to worry about!!!

Edited by - Madmaxxy on Mar 28 2007 11:31:49 AM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.