Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I keep a truck a long time. My first truck was a Chevy C10 in 1978. I paid 4K for it new. I kept it 10 years. Last year I got rid of my 1986 Ford Ranger, 4 cyl. standard tranny. My brother is still running it in Buffalo. Oil changing is key.
I love to pay off a truck and run it a few years. It's like driving for free. I can be a cheap bastard. Never said I wasent. I still manage to spend lots of money. I have a 2001 extra cab Ranger with the big V6. It's loaded and I like it. Rough ride though. Good on gas if you keep it OD and don't stomp the gas. Toyota runs long, but they always rust out like a bastard. Remember when VW had a diesel pick up.
Now if Dodge could have the Germans make a nice looking mid-size diesel....

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the problem with going with a bigger than half ton is loading bikes. i dont have a problem, but most of the guys i go to the track with cant load my bike by themselves. i can. ive loaded a 750 beemer bymyself. so tailgate height is something to think about. also a reason why vans are nice. if youre going to be plowing, you need 4wd.

jc

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ford or Chevy, I still say Toyota. SR5, Tundra, T100. The 6 cyl. diesel dodge if you want american iron. But, you might as well quit messin' around and get one of these ridiculous beasts...

You'll have to build a jump to get bikes in the back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scott-Why get all mixed up with some big ass truck when you can do well with something that you'll also be able to PLAY with-a good 4-wheeler with a small plow attachment--thats all that Street Cycles uses and they have a lot more area to clear than you do unless youre doing your whole cul-de-sac. BTW this was Louies idea-his dad uses one too.
L888

21 - 25 of 25 Posts