Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so any of you gearheads know of a chart that gives dimensions and applications for fork braces?

I'd like to snag a telefix for one of my own and the left coast people that have them seem to be ummmm.....

less than accommodating

I picked up a Tarozzi and it's finish was ugly, that was only a minor problem, but it was out of spec 2mm on the centers, which was why I sent it back....... couldn't make it fly

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and what sucks is

that Tarozzi gives the lower leg diameters and also fork tube diameter

but their chart does not give the centers even though...... unless my memory is failing....... their braces are marked with the center distance number

fawking bleh!

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
HackA,
Why don't you just make one? I have been thinking about it and it just doesn't seem to tough if you have a mill and an ability to weld aluminum.(I don't have the equipment or skills). I would think that a simple clamp around each fork leg at the top by the seal and a plate that would bolt between them. When you get it all set up Ill take one to since the fork spacing on my racebike doesn't match the stock XL350 and the sliders are bigger than the stock CB350, so I can't just buy one.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I can make one but

if it takes me 3/4 of a day

that means I'd have enough in it to have bought more than a couple brand new

and I try to keep the machines tied up with lucrative work or let them rest

of course I have a similar situation on a couple of my projects that have non-stock trees

easier/faster would be to bend tubing and cross brace it to counter-bored bungs screwed into the lower legs

not as attractive or effective

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
make it with USA metal. Or buy it made in the USA. <---this is my new thing. remember when people wouldn't dream of buying something made anywhere else? Hack, chalk up your time making it to therapy. I know when i make something that turns out well, i'm in such a better mood.
do you have the measurements where you could have another machinist make it for you (in the usa) so you don't have to spend your time doing it yourself?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much USA metal have you bought lately?

it's proven nearly impossible even to purchase A36 channel iron or even stainless stock from a USA mill

anyhow, too many other things in front of that project and simply buying one and bolting it on

would be nice

thus far this one particular bike has over 800 hours of time spent machining one off parts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've posted a few including the split port spread bore progressively linked induction system tuned to the 2nd 3rd and 4th intake pulses

and even the open belt drive primary running a big ducati alt on the end of the crank

guess the exhaust system tuned into it all shows on the alt side as well

did you catch any of those?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am sure they are still on here and they are hosted on photobucket

if you don't find them, let me know and I'll send you some links

the work to put the oil bag tri swingarm on the fbed

using fully adjustable side to side and fully adjustable preload

all that line to line fit machine work ate several hours

I am pretty sure I have more than 800 hours of machine work time in it