Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've put in new all balls steering head bearings and front wheel is true but I stillhave a little wobble in front end my tires are also new and balanced. I've read threads about fork braces and I believe I have 33mm stock forks but I can't seem to find a fork brace that will work. If any knows some more info on this please chime in thanks again to all members in this forum with out your help I'd be almost lost.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Fork tubes even in the triple clamps? Everything slides together nicely? Not tweaked from prior crash.

Wheel bearings?

Serviced the forks lately?

Then looky at the rear wheel alignment, swingarm bearings, rear tire balance, shocks. Maybe the wobble's really at the rear, but you're confused.

This'll start an argument:

Unless everything else is right and tight you're more likey to cause a wobble w/a forkbrace than fix one. IMO

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it's the triple tree I don't know alot about it's history it was basicly a barn bike until I fixed it up. The rear is all good new shocks bronze bushings new barrings in both wheels new bushings and shocks made a huge differance in the rear. The bike would be amazing if it wasn't for the slight wobble in front. Oh and I drained Fork fluid and replaced seals in it also.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Wheel wobble at what speed?
If tyres and wheels don't have excessive run out, correct tyre pressure (or a few pounds more) and, are correctly balanced, weak forks will cause weave not wheel wobble.
Direction change will be very slow because gyroscopic effect wants wheel to go in straight line, fork brace helps for that.
Tyre pressure and tread pattern can cause 'patter' at higher speeds but not usually below 80mph

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wobbles at about 65 worse at 75mph but i also notice when turning it higher speeds it has a tendency to struggle sticking with turn and wants to move towards center lines if that makes sense?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
what tires?

Ken

·
Registered
783 Posts
member JAM614 had a cb350 fork brace for sale in the "parts for sale" forum way back in December...maybe he's still got it?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Is the top steering stem tension nut adjusted correctly? Bearings in right?

I had a hard time handling my duc 160, ended up being bad steering head bearing, but you replaced those. The bike still has a tendency for the stem nut to loosen up,so I carry a big wrench with me. Guess I should use some locktite..

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
You mount the tires yourself? Did you balance them? Little lead weights and such on the rim?
Maybe the tire bead isn't seated properly around the rim.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
You mount the tires yourself? Did you balance them? Little lead weights and such on the rim?
Maybe the tire bead isn't seated properly around the rim.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Were the Tires Bubble Balanced? Or spun. Just becasue they are new tires doesn't mean they are not junk. If you find a tire that has sat on a rack in the back of a damp shop for a few years that thing is going to get hard and may have some problems smoothing out. I would talk to the people I got the tire from.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Were the Tires Bubble Balanced? Or spun. Just becasue they are new tires doesn't mean they are not junk. If you find a tire that has sat on a rack in the back of a damp shop for a few years that thing is going to get hard and may have some problems smoothing out. I would talk to the people I got the tire from.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think a fork brace is what your looking for - I'm thinking you are looking for a fork damper that connects between you front fork and frame. It looks like a little shock and you can adjust the damper.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think a fork brace is what your looking for - I'm thinking you are looking for a fork damper that connects between you front fork and frame. It looks like a little shock and you can adjust the damper.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts