Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beating on the 175 this weekend, I realized the stock front fender does not brace the front forks well enough (not fun). Is there anything out there that can be purchased to work with these 31mm front forks?

Anything wrong with hacking up an old lower triple and making a brace out of it?

Just looking for options. Everything I come across seems to be <$100...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link, just might have to give him a shout. I was checking out Tarozzi braces as well as a few other brands but haven't really found anything that will bolt on.

Thats when I started to think what else I could use to make it work. Maybe get a scrap lower triple from a bike with large forks, hack it up and maybe machine the inside to bolt onto the top of the slider.? Then again, that might end up being more of a mission than its worth.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
If you can do all that, making a stout bridge/brace to make the span from lower to lower...
shouldn't be much more a challenge.

What diameter are the tops of your lowers and what is the center to center?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I've made my own when I cant find what I want
these are for CB360, two different styles

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks clean crazypj. Nice work!

When I get a chance I'll get the measurements and post them. Making the flat bridge would be the easy part. The part that's slowing me down is getting some clamps that'll work with the forks. But without the measurements I'm pretty much just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Almost forgot about this thread. Found some leads to some stuff, but nothing solid...

The tops of the fork lowers are 47mm, and measure about 160mm from center to center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts