Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CB200 and the front shocks are gone!!! I can't find any cb200 front suspention and I need to know what I can do to get this fixed. The shocks are so bad that they cannot be rebuilt. Any ideas on what I can use. Also, does anyone know a good site to buy tires for a 1974 cb200?:)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
ebay for a front end or forks by frank if you want built ones.Im sure another model would do as well another cb model that is.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
all forks can be rebuilt. They are only nuts and bolts and parts. What is really wrong with them?

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
ken, me thinks he means the forks are missing all together and the rear shocks are not rebuildable.

This sounds like one of those free or cheap bike specials.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Oops! I guess gone can really mean not there at all. If it were me, I would look at getting a stock front end from a CB350 or 360 would be able to be made to work. I expect it would work well.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ken:

Thanks for the input. The forks ARE there and I do realize that they can be rebuilt. This is a bike I have been working on for the past 2 years. The last step is to fix the rfront end. I have been wondering if the forks can be replaced with that of a same year CB360. Do I need to pelace the whole front end with that of a CB360 or can I simply swap the forks. My current front shocks have rusted throught the pipes. So best case scenario I need new pipes, but all I can find are OEM pipes for about $90 bones. LEt me know what you think, there are come forks on Ebay right now off a CB360, check out the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CB360-CB360T-74-Front-Forks-045365_W0QQitemZ290150727767QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I would guess that a CB360 front end is bigger and heavier than the CB200. I don't know. I would check the fork tube diameter and see what else there is. If you have time and patience, ebay is your friend, but to keep life simple, I'd suggest sticking with the CB200 tubes.
FWIW

FR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts