Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
m b b nnm

dead monkey dick

i love it. anyway......well put. cb's legal and raced for 350 gp are legal for fcb. same thing with the kickstarter boss. decided to get rid of it when i observed others doing the same. i feel that it has nothing to do with the engine internals. still stock carbs, motor etc etc. lets face it anyway... has any of these mods made me faster?? no matter what i do i am still dicing with bfd and having a blast.

joanne c has the mikuni's . not that it matters.

tex

i only want to protest your thong. i think you need to have a pan on that thing. maybe next season to stay within the rules .... you should wear depends on the outside.

tanner

and for the record.... i removed the kick started boss because it was slightly engaging causing a funky clicking noise. so after countless tries to fix it... i ended up removing it. i did not have tons of time and money to go and get new parts for the thing. and if it really pisses people off then i will just run in lwsv.. i really don't know. i am doing this whole thing for fun. i also do not drink coffee... so i have no use for our trophies either

tanner

matt, thats what started my issue. the aweful grinding noise. i figured if i was going to be digging in, i might was well pull it. and thats what started it all for me. so i just took all the crap off the shaft, and left it there. dude, i dont care if you dont run that thing or do. its simple, not really going to make a big difference, so fuck it. id actually be happier knowing some of those people know what the inside of thier engines look like. and i didnt know joanne was running mikunis. you sure cant tell on the track. id say its probably ok, until people start complaining.

milan is a good guy. purple cb. skinny guy with a beard. hangs with rick randall.

jc

it's all good joe. who cares??? i started pullin shit off the thing(kick starter).... it was easier to just pull and plug. shit we are all pullin our starter motors... screw it.

matt

My concern with the formula cb class, and I don't really have a lot of say since I don't race in that class, was the fact that there are three different race organizations and each has seemed to go their own direction with this bike. VRRA allows any Period 1 chassis for the CB350 engine. And the engine can have Mikuni carbs and electronic ignition but no other changes. No cam chain tensioners. USCRA has said if you were ok to race before you're ok now. But that makes it kind of hard to tell a new guy that he can't do something that the guy in the next grid spot can do.

It would have made sense to sit down and come up with a uniform set of rules for the three organizations. But that didn't happen.

Craig

wera pretty much copied the uscra rules. and that worked fine. the only differences were, no fairings, dumb, and it has to have a sterring stab. that covers ever single bike, so no biggie there. now, the uscra has tossed out the honda 350's from that class and in the process fucked some things up with the uniformity. i know there was an issue with it not being a true period bike, and thats fine. i get that. but i think they jumped too quick. id say yeah to wera for picking it up and making it work. 350gp is one of the biggest grids at summit for vintage. its not that we dont have a place to run or anything, but for once, itd be nice to have a uniform set of rules. anyway....waawaa waaa. the rule about grandfathering bikes is dumb. i dont really know if that was the intent of the rule, but if it is, its lame.

jc

yo man

we gotta stop talkin about this shit or we will all have to suffer cause somebody is going to take offense of this bantor and actually try to change the freakin rulz. then we will all have to chat via email in fear of uscra/wera spies. i guess i have had a few too many this evening... but anyway.. i just feel that too many of us get way serious about this crap. we have to realize that in a few years gas will cost 8 bucks a liter and we will be forced to ride bicycles in the 350gp instead of these freakin honda 350's.

hey jb in response to your mustache shaving session the other day......... i guess you aren't giving any mustache rides these days are ya?????? oh well we will have to wait untill you grow a new one

later bitches

matt tanner

the only thing that will happen in youre little diatribe there is gas will be 8 bucks a litre. (what, you live in europe now or something??? i buy gas in gallons down here) im not complaining. i dont think the rules are fair if thats how they are intended. if it was me, id brace the damend thing and be done with it. with ther bikes on the grid, i dont think its a big deal. and to be honest, if there is a question, this isnt the place to have it answered. this is a good place to test some opinions, and see how people feel or what theyve done, but we aent the uscra rules committee. thats who the question should be addressed to. not us. especially a rule like that. they will probably say no, you cant. thats my feeling. but i never got a new rule book. wera schedules out. ha! that really really sucks about 250gp. wheres chris going to run his cb72 now. that sucks. i really like the 250s out there.

me

I'm a little bummed. 250's are a cool class. Until Branson made the 200's go fast, I thought it was the fastest small displacement class there was. WERA blew it on that one. They really could have dropped or merged one of there 14 Vintage classes. Maybe I'll have Champ go down there and tell'em what's up.

Aaron

matt, hear that clicking when you pick up the phone? that's me listening to you. why don't you say hi once in a while.

pick up your microphone.

tex

with wera and 250's.....

at summit it was tolerable. i can still remember summits when there were like 3 in the class. it has been better lately, but that is at summit. imagine being wera seeing like 1 bike in some of the other regions. i can't blame them for cutting it. i just hope they'll bring back formula rd it's place.

or something cool like it.

i guess cmarsh will have to get off the pot and build that super v1 bike after all. it will be fun playing with him.

the 175cc hondas sure have gotten fast. they'll give me and my bike a run for its money every time.

i can't wait for next season. you sould see my new bike (its at frank's).

tex

tex

dude. just been busy helpin em out. was puttin new doors on the house too. i don't know. whatever dude. i suppose everyone with the 250's could detune them and slap some carpet on their boots and rock the indoor track to entertain jc and chris

haha........... rugburn racing

later
matt

yeah jc

we are currently living on the isle of yorton off the coast of scotland. we are in the process of restoring our yorton manx. we will see ya stateside soon

tanner

tex
ya ought to come over here wearing that thong cause there is a shortage of woman on the island.

gee, wera sends everyone a hard copy. imagine that. (poke at the usra) :p i'll have to grab it since i dont have one. the 250 class is one of my favorites.

jc

quote:
My concern with the formula cb class, and I don't really have a lot of say since I don't race in that class, was the fact that there are three different race organizations and each has seemed to go their own direction with this bike. VRRA allows any Period 1 chassis for the CB350 engine. And the engine can have Mikuni carbs and electronic ignition but no other changes. No cam chain tensioners. USCRA has said if you were ok to race before you're ok now. But that makes it kind of hard to tell a new guy that he can't do something that the guy in the next grid spot can do.

It would have made sense to sit down and come up with a uniform set of rules for the three organizations. But that didn't happen.
my feelings exactly. Its also unfair to new people that have to follow the rules while the older 350gp bikes don't have to.

The F-CB / 350GP split has brought out more 350GP bikes, which is a good thing. But I guess no one thought about this frame thing. CB350s were always limited to stock carbs.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.