Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took me so long to fix the forums - I hope you enjoyed the sitedown page :)

JD's hosting provider eff'd up the database, and lord knows how.

Please email me using the link in my profile if you run into any issues.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ahh...ya posted while i was.....damned.

yeah, its all jds fault.

i saved geetos page for future use.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i used to work at macys at downtown crossing in boston. in the morning, there would be all of these semi hostile people waiting outside the doors. waiting to get in. to buy their tommy hilfigger jeans, or a set of matching towels. the doors would open, and it like a mad rush to get in. standing in the vestibule, looking out at all of those irritated, anxious people was frightening. this reminded me of that for the pastday. but it was more like that situation, at a methadone clinic.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
nice work borz, jd, and company......

i need that thorazine....that cafe rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers to all,

texy

·
Registered
546 Posts
Its kinda sick that there are now a whole group of cafe guys that are thoroughly addicted to a forum.

Hi, Im Kyle and I am a caferacer.net addict.....

Hack I think you next.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I really missed this form for the last two days so good job getting things back together.

BTW - could you re-post Geeto's picture, I need a new one for my dartboard...

·
Registered
692 Posts
The withdrawl wasn't TOO bad . The " Geeto Going To Clubmans " thing was kinda funny . :D

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Borzwazie is our hero. All you Caferacer.net fanatics owe him your first born or at least a sixpack. Thanks man!

JD

·
Registered
854 Posts
because of that Geeto joke i had to spend a half hour explaining to the girl why switching to clubmans was funny. i will never get that time back.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I paid $9.95 for internet access at a hotel in new orleans the day before my wedding, because seth told me to check out the page (although he didn't tell me why)......

well worth it

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
bitches....forget that offer i just made borz, ya bastard!

tex

p.s.- thanks again for the i.t. magic! what was wrong with it.....albanian spammers?

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
bitches....forget that offer i just made borz, ya bastard!

tex

p.s.- thanks again for the i.t. magic! what was wrong with it.....albanian spammers?

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so, JD's hosting provider either migrated disk volumes (hard drives, basically) or changed various database drivers and didn't tell anyone.

the way their web server (IIS) handles database connections, even file-only, is already weird - it keeps this odd copy in memory about the current database file (filehandle) even though this forums software package is stateless (doesn't stay in-memory between people looking at it).

if they eff up the database, the only way to fix it is to rename the database and point the forums software to the new name.

in this case, they'd actually corrupted the database when they were screwing around, and some vital records got lost.

I "faked out" the lost records with a trick or two and repopulated the missing data.

those guys really don't know what they're doing. they were tossing all kinds of excuses out, but didn't have a clue.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so, JD's hosting provider either migrated disk volumes (hard drives, basically) or changed various database drivers and didn't tell anyone.

the way their web server (IIS) handles database connections, even file-only, is already weird - it keeps this odd copy in memory about the current database file (filehandle) even though this forums software package is stateless (doesn't stay in-memory between people looking at it).

if they eff up the database, the only way to fix it is to rename the database and point the forums software to the new name.

in this case, they'd actually corrupted the database when they were screwing around, and some vital records got lost.

I "faked out" the lost records with a trick or two and repopulated the missing data.

those guys really don't know what they're doing. they were tossing all kinds of excuses out, but didn't have a clue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts