Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on this other web site i found this. Part numbers from yoshimura for the CB125S. Race cylinder, Race head, cam, and my fav a 6 speed close ratio gear set. coast in 1975 250 bucks. i priced every part out and it came to being about 900 bucks back then for a complete race kit. and it would make 14 HP to the rear wheel. Now if i could only find some of these parts if they are still any out there at swap meets or on some ones shelf not knowing they are going to be sold to me. LOL
i figured out that with some work and gearing the little cb125S can in fact go over 100mph. should be a scary ride on the little machine.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I've got a similar HRC list for the S90, CB72 and CB350. Never found any of the parts listed in the big stock lists for vintage suppliers, some of the CB72/77 stuff shows up on ebay now and then.
JohnnyB

PS...those CB125S parts would be worth a small fortune now.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
14 hp + 150lbs rider + 200+lbs motorcycle = nowhere near the ton.

maybe if you were building a land speed bike I could see how gearing and aerodynamics could get you there, but that's not a street bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see what your saying. and maybe I'll never hit a ton on a raced out cb125S but then again my engine is not going to be a 125cc working on a 175cc BBK/stroker. then again since im also gona be changing out transmission gearing. if i cant find gears that can swap into the cb125S case, then i'll be machining them. this project is not going to be up and running any time soon. first alot of testing and tuning, BUt i thought i was cool that i found out that yoshimura made race parts for the CB125S. this shows to me that at one time poeple did think about making these little hondas faster. I'm also searching for any thing on if the early CB125S was raced. in tt or anything road race.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
oh. if that's the case don't bother. I have a few scans, two-page brochures. I thought it would be the same.

Speaking of scanning documents, here is something I heard about that would be great... If it works. There is a website that will transfer .jpg to .pdf so you could shoot photos of pages and have them converted! I have not used it yet. http://www.qipit.com

supposedly it even works with camera phone shots.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
Rosko...it's like 30+ pages bro.

At some point I gotta scan it and PDF it.
You can use PDFCreator to scan in documents and then "print" them to PDF format. I use it all the time to send out invoices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts